• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BAT VR action work with SA Remmy parts?

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Looking to build a new 1000 yard rifle. Want to use a BAT VR (repeater) action. Was told it is a Remmy SA foot print. But does anyone here use one of these actions? And if so can you verify the compatibility with say AI chassis/mags,etc?

Take care,Stan

Re: BAT VR action work with SA Remmy parts?

i have one. it is a 700 short footprint but the bolt handle is straight and will require slight mods to a remington 700 stock. VERY nice receivers but they do have TIGHT tolerances.

chuck

Hi Chuck.
Thanks for the info. I would be using a after market chassis/stock for my build.

What kind of mod(s) did it entail for the bolt handle? Also is yours the model with the built in 20 MOA rail?

Thanks again,Stan

Stan,

I have one as well (without rail). It was fitted to an A5 stock inletted for a 700 short action.

I didn't do the work, but as indicated above the bolt inlet needed widened slightly at the front. Also the integral recoil lug in the VR required a slight modification to the standard lug inlet. If I recall correctly the integral lug was thicker and shallower and the stock needed opened up.

I have no experience with the AI chassis or mags, but the standard BDL floorplate and magazine work fine. Honestly, I typically single load only this rifle for the type of shooting I do, so I haven't given it a good reliability work-out.

I have one with 20moa rail. VERY smooth action. I experienced the same issues as jb9. Those issues can easily be accomodated by anyone used to working with stocks.