• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BATF run amok!

patriotoutlaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
Missouri
My Gunsmith/ffl holder/best friend, who just happens to be a 77yr. old man just rec'd a visit from your friendly neighborhood ATF agent. Apparently since most of my firearms purchases and internet transfers over the past 20 yrs have gone thru his small shop, I am a "gunrunner" in the agents eyes. My record is slick as a whistle and NICS checks go thru w/o even a blink, so what gives? My friend was given a complete shake down as the agent poured over his records for 2 whole days. When the agent returns this week, my friend will be handing over his ffl's which he has held for over 40 yrs because of this harassment. He has simply had enough of the BS. If you read closely, you will see some lessons to be learned here, at my expence...Is this where we are headed as a country? In America should a licensed person be harrassed out of business or encouraged to prosper? As Lynyrd Skyrnd recently sang in one of their songs, "that ain't my America!"

Re: BATF run amok!

Its certainly changing....when I bought my first Colt 1911, in 1970, you just went into the hardware store, plunked down your $200.00, no names necessary, and walked out with your pistol. Seems there was a lot less violnce then.

People think that these alphabet agencies that make their own rules are not repugnant to the Constitution? My easy chair preview says revolution may well be needed as this republic has outlived it's ability to remain free of corruption and is on a very slippery slope likened to the Roman Empire for which it is modeled upon

This type of harassment is strictly for one reason: to keep the frustration level high enough that people will opt out of their own accord. Simpler than actually enforcing anything, just harass. Who wins when your friend hands over his papers? The jackbooted thug just shrugs and says, "OK", but your friend is no longer able to arm his customers. We lose, the machine wins.

Just went through the same thing and I was asked about certain people and why they showed up so many times. I simply said as far as I know they are collectors and I have no idea what they do with the guns. (which is totaly true) Other circumstances in my case but do to a move and long audit, I am expecting my license back in the next few weeks. It has been since August 1st that I have been without. The alphabet is under heavy scrutiny from the top right now and I was supprised at how much they were still willing to help. Not saying the inspection did not bother me or make me pucker, just that in the end the agents that I had went out of their way to help me out a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People think that these alphabet agencies that make their own rules are not repugnant to the Constitution? My easy chair preview says revolution may well be needed as this republic has outlived it's ability to remain free of corruption and is on a very slippery slope likened to the Roman Empire for which it is modeled upon </div></div>

Unfortunately, Switch, the corruption resides in the hearts of men...in one way or another, in all of us. That wont be changed until......well, that woiuld get into religon and Im just back from a years sit down so Ill pass the buck. But til then changing polititions will be just like pumping out the septic tand and then refilling it with shit. And when we do reach that place we will all know what to do and wont need no "steenking polititions".