• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing batf/SOT ???

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Hypothetically. . .

. . .if one were to take a can of say. . .ether, mount it in a rifle stock, build a mechanism to activate the valve, provide a soure of ignition, a site (eoteh sounds bout right) for the sole purpose of blasting flies wings off as they buzz about in search of feces, would it require the speialized Uncle Sugar cavity search for a destructive device?

I imagine I already no the answer. (As often the case, anything cool is followed w/a firm NO!)

I ask out of morbid curiosity only because I just smoked two of the little bastages as they were gettin their freak on w/my zippo and a can of dry film lube. . .one learns to take inspiration from anywhere. :)

C.

Well, since flamethrowers are not regulated in any way, and what you are building does not meet the definition of a firearm or destructive device, have at!

Knocking june bugs out of the air with a can of carb cleaner and a Zippo used to be a popular form of entertainment amongst myself and my friends... after quite a few beers. I miss my twenties.

that is definitely a step up from the Bug A Salt's that we picked up from the sale last year. My Lady loves them, by the way. Indoor shotguns specifically for bugs, that shoot salt. Now your idea, is even betterer. Except'n that it wouldn't be all that great in the living room.

Now, if you were to mount that can 'upside down', so-as to get a 'stream', you could then pick the flies off from a distance. And THAT is the name of the game here, is it not? hmmmmmmm, can you say 'selector switch'?