• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Battle of the Mk 12

I bet vital parts of my anatomy to the fact that nobody here even knows who the man was that sent a group of guys to Quantico to teach them how to accurize the M16/M4 which led to the SPR style rifle before Crane commissioned it as the MK12.
Col Weston formerly of armalite?

Nope... But good job on the Wikipedia..lol

The the idea and need for a special purpose rifle (SPR) was already in demand 10 years before Weston started pitching his ideas.
No wiki. Actually guessed it from an article in small arms defense. But that’s all I got.

This article. And it’s Westrom not Weston. I’ve stopped using wiki for anything since it’s open sourced and can be freely modified by anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjake83
I bet vital parts of my anatomy to the fact that nobody here even knows who the man was that sent a group of guys to Quantico to teach them how to accurize the M16/M4 which led to the SPR style rifle before Crane commissioned it as the MK12.
Didn't Frank White of CLE go there to teach?