• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Battlecomp: Best money I've spent in a while!

3one5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2002
CO Front Range
I've never fired a firearm with any kind of brake on it but seeing videos of them in use made we want one. A couple months back I picked up a Battlecomp brake and just today had a chance to play around with it. This brake is amazing, it completely changed the character of the rifle. I fired 5 rounds and had to hand it over to my Dad who was shooting his rifle with A2 flash hider attached. He fired a few rounds, looked at me, and then proceeded to empty the magazine. It's a different experience shooting a Battlecomp brake. There is a bit of concussion that you feel but it's nothing major. What's amazing is the ability to fire the weapon and still be able to see the target through the aimpoint. Rapid follow up shots can be made easily. Now I know how those guys in the training videos do it.
smile.gif
A Battlecomp or something similar will now go on all my AR platform rifles.

Battlecomp_Glock_5_sm.JPG

Re: Battlecomp: Best money I've spent in a while!

i have both a 308 and a 5.56 one, definately a good buy

I never felt the need to upgrade from an A2 but decided to try a BC a few months ago. The increase concussion is noticeable but I have gotten used to it and now really like it.

One aspect I really like about the BC is that it does not kick up a lot of dirt/debris when prone.

It's interesting to watch the rifle when someone else is shooting in. The pattern of smoke coming out the end of the barrel is pretty cool.

I have one on my 5.56 and I love it. Great people to deal with too. The price is right and they give LE/MIL and department discounts!

Check this out
wink.gif

These are buddy's of mine having some fun.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3v3rJB5KxXA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3v3rJB5KxXA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

John

I happen to know the owner very well. We have been friends for 20 years. We are both cops and I can tell you there is nothing "cruddy" about his products. I have two of them on my 556 and one on my 308. He is obsessed with perfection.

I love mine. I have a BABC on my MWS, and it is without doubt the softest-shooting .308 I have ever owned. Thinking about putting a Battlecomp om my 5.56, as well, just for fun.

I'm using one on my .308 AR and it is fantastic. Solid job and reducing recoil and muzzle rise yet directs enough blast away from the shooter and people next to you that you'd never know you were using a comp/brake.

What happened with the Battle comp rumor that they were going to make it into a suppressor mount as well.

Does it suffer from barrel crown carbon build-up and accuracy degradation like all other comps?

Does it suffer from barrel crown carbon build-up and accuracy degradation like all other comps?

Be interesting to see some side by side comparisons in a ransom rest to see which actually does reduce recoil more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What happened with the Battle comp rumor that they were going to make it into a suppressor mount as well. </div></div>

I think they did come out with one. BC 2.0

A BC 1.5 on a 14.5 midlength N4.

705d39d5.jpg

1028ae22.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3one5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never fired a firearm with any kind of brake on it but seeing videos of them in use made we want one. A couple months back I picked up a Battlecomp brake and just today had a chance to play around with it. This brake is amazing, it completely changed the character of the rifle. I fired 5 rounds and had to hand it over to my Dad who was shooting his rifle with A2 flash hider attached. He fired a few rounds, looked at me, and then proceeded to empty the magazine. It's a different experience shooting a Battlecomp brake. There is a bit of concussion that you feel but it's nothing major. What's amazing is the ability to fire the weapon and still be able to see the target through the aimpoint. Rapid follow up shots can be made easily. Now I know how those guys in the training videos do it.
smile.gif
A Battlecomp or something similar will now go on all my AR platform rifles.

Battlecomp_Glock_5_sm.JPG
</div></div>
I had one on my primary but after doing a night shoot I promptly removed it. LOTS of flash with XM193 and PMC ammo. I'm going Vortex and Surefire...

I just did a night shoot on my .308 16" LMT MWS with BABC and had very little flash. it didn't even flare-up my PVS24. ammo was Winchester S308M 168 OTM all my AR's have BC's on them now. they are just coming out with one for AK I heard.

I've been running one on my 5.56 for quite some time with nothing but good things to say about it.

Ragnar is correct. They did come out with one for Gemtech suppressors or any others that fit over the standard A2 flash hider its the 2.0

I have a BattleComp 2.0 on my M4. While I have only shot it a few times it is a great little comp.

I did some dimensional comparisons on the 2.0 to a standard A2 and the two units are spot on. I will be mounting up a suppressor in the near future over my BC2.0.

I just switched from an A2 to a Battle Comp 1.0 last night and wow what a difference in feel.

My rifle recoils straight back with no muzzle rise at all now.

The only shocker was all the concussion I got hit with in the face.

I don't know if it's normal or not but mine throws way more gas at the shooter than anything I've shot before.

It took me a bit to get used to but over all I really like it so far.

IMO the SJC Titan does a better job at 30% less money , Triangle Shooting Sports "Rolling Thunder" is another for 3 gun type shooting they reduce the recoil and muzzle climb more than any brake made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bustin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO the SJC Titan does a better job at 30% less money , Triangle Shooting Sports "Rolling Thunder" is another for 3 gun type shooting they reduce the recoil and muzzle climb more than any brake made. </div></div>
I shoot competition and tried the Battlecomp and well it does work well for a Flash hider/comensator combo but not as good if you shoot 3-gun and don't need any flash hiding. I would say the Rainier works better than the battlecomp at only $50. I have three other types of brakes/flash hider types that I will check out and see how they work sometime this week.
For the money I have used better. Also I sold mine after two months of owning it if that meens anything
smile.gif

I've not had the opportunity to use one, but I hear they're comparable or better than the surefire brake. I've been using this on my CQB AR: XTC and been happy with it's intended purpose. I have a .308 coming soon and I've debated between the battlecomp and surefire. Thanks for the feedback!

The CEO is a member here.
wink.gif

Here's a few of my BC's:
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I have two on 556's and one on a 308 AR.
Great devices ~ I especially like the 308.
I did have one on my 20" WOA SDM rifle but replaced it with a PWS ~ seems to be a better match with the reduced recoil on that particular rifle.
Overall a great feel of control-ability.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bustin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO the SJC Titan does a better job at 30% less money , Triangle Shooting Sports "Rolling Thunder" is another for 3 gun type shooting they reduce the recoil and muzzle climb more than any brake made. </div></div>
I shoot competition and tried the Battlecomp and well it does work well for a Flash hider/comensator combo but not as good if you shoot 3-gun and don't need any flash hiding. I would say the Rainier works better than the battlecomp at only $50. I have three other types of brakes/flash hider types that I will check out and see how they work sometime this week.
For the money I have used better. Also I sold mine after two months of owning it if that meens anything
smile.gif
</div></div>

Interesting. I wondered about those things. Now I know. Lots of brakes out there for much less.

Have you shot any other brakes on your MWS? I have a PRI QCB on my AR10 carbine, but it's pretty obnoxious, even when behind the trigger. the BABC seems like it would break up the concussiveness by virtue of design, especially for .308. Anyone else run one of these on a .308 carbine?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kr433ma17a0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kr433ma17a0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Good buy, if my PWS SM556 wasn't perma welded i would give it a try. It will probably be the brake on my SBR.

After all the good reviews I've read on the, I'm gonna have to try one.

dorton, all I can say is I love mine. Everyone who has shot my carbine loves it. Also it cleans up really easy and after thousands of rounds through it the finish still looks great.
Chris

I have the Battle Comp BABC ready for my MWS. It is sure to make a significant impact on the factory 16" with the shorter gas system. Perfect rifle for one IMHO.

74f5ce25.jpg

36ef49d7.jpg

We make a product called the M4-SD compensator. Military Moron was kind enough to do a review for us. I agree neither product is a flash hider, but they do not enhance flash like a brake either. IE flash is reduced at least 40% over blind muzzle.

In any event we are making 2nd generation, M4SD-II sound suppressors and they can be attached at night, permitting the carbine to have muzzle control, and flash / sound signature reduction as well.

For information on the M4SD-II click the banner ad in the sig-line.
Military Morons review of the M4-SD Compensator.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OiDzGDEjX4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OiDzGDEjX4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cox380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the BC's hard to clean? I run a pws and couldnt be happier. </div></div>

They have pretty large holes so something like a finishing nail should work for cleaning the M4-SD compensator or the Battle comp if the ports should copper foul up (which doesn't seem to be a problem).

The also similar KAC Triple Tap Brake has slots too narrow to do anything with, so they recommend ultrasonic cleaning for it (taking it off, and ultrasonic cleaning it).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We make a product called the M4-SD compensator. Military Moron was kind enough to do a review for us. I agree neither product is a flash hider, but they do not enhance flash like a brake either. IE flash is reduced at least 40% over blind muzzle.

In any event we are making 2nd generation, M4SD-II sound suppressors and they can be attached at night, permitting the carbine to have muzzle control, and flash / sound signature reduction as well.

For information on the M4SD-II click the banner ad in the sig-line.
Military Morons review of the M4-SD Compensator.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OiDzGDEjX4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OiDzGDEjX4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Thanks for the info. You've got a fine looking product there.

Shot my 14.5" BC equipped middy side by side with a 14.5" Surfire braked middy yesterday. Hands down I like the BC better. Less blast, less flash, very close in recoil/flip control.

I used to have a BC but found that the concussive force as well as the sound was not too pleasing. I switched over to the AAC Brakeout and it offers the same recoil reduction without the noise and concussive force. I've also shot both in low light and the AAC is better at hiding flash.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7rnuWQFdBg&feature=fvst"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7rnuWQFdBg&feature=fvst" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Oh yeah definitely going to be my brake for my SBR. The second rifle he uses is a SBR. Starting to really want this brake
smile.gif