• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Battlestar Galactica

Is it on Peacock?

I've watched about a half dozen episodes at random times over the last ~dozen years and liked it but never followed up and stuck with it largely because of availability. Ready to watch it through if it's easily available somewhere cheap/free.

All my sci-fi fan friends are talking up The Expanse, so that's currently on my next-up list once I finish Ozark.

Reactions: required_user_name
Loved the original series as a kid. The recent series was awesome. good stuff.

Meet the Enemy,both series are good.
Kinda really enjoy the new version more.

Currently running on over the air Comet TV in the Sparks/Reno area, for FREE! Awesome series.
Did you know that there is a Cylon Warrior in KITT, the Knightrider's car? :ROFLMAO:

I remember seeing the original theatrical release of the BSG pilot back in 1978 in movie theaters ("in Sensurround!"). There was talk at one point of SciFi channel releasing the new BSG 2-part miniseries in theaters, but that never went anywhere.

There were two big differences in the original and the remake.
The original had hope for the future, the remake didn't.
While I REALLY liked looking at Grace Park and Tricia Helfer, and just couldn't quite buy into the humanoid cylons.
The reboot was an excellent series, but I tired of it and quit watching after part of season 3.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
There were two big differences in the original and the remake.
The original had hope for the future, the remake didn't.
While I REALLY liked looking at Grace Park and Tricia Helfer, and just couldn't quite buy into the humanoid cylons.
The reboot was an excellent series, but I tired of it and quit watching after part of season 3.
And then there was Galactica 1980, but we try to ignore that...

The new series was way too woke and dramatic for me. The original series was the poor man's Star Wars. Loved it.

Reactions: Wading
I think in 1980 the cylons attacked Seattle. Where were when we needed them a few weeks back.

The new series was way too woke and dramatic for me. The original series was the poor man's Star Wars. Loved it.
Funnily, the budget for the pilot episodes/movie, "Saga of a Star World", was $8 million compared to *Star Wars*' $11 million. So "Poor Man's Star Wars" but they did mighty fine with what they had. The earlier episodes were poorer in quality because they had to scramble to write them after being picked up as a weekly series.

Also (copy/pasted from Wikipedia):

In 1978, 20th Century Fox sued Universal Studios (producers of Battlestar Galactica) for plagiarism, copyright infringement, unfair competition, and Lanham Act claims, claiming it had stolen 34 distinct ideas from Star Wars. Universal promptly countersued, claiming Star Wars had stolen ideas from their 1972 film Silent Running, notably the robot "drones", and the Buck Rogers serials of the 1930s. 20th Century Fox's copyright claims were initially dismissed by the trial court in 1980, then the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit remanded the case for trial in 1983. It was later "resolved without trial".

Star Wars director George Lucas also threatened legal action against Apogee, Inc., the visual effects studio formed by John Dykstra and several other former artists from Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic who decided to remain in Van Nuys rather than relocate to San Rafael with the rest of the company. Lucas claimed that Apogee's work on Galactica was being done with equipment that he had left behind, for a project that would be in direct competition against Star Wars. Eventually, Apogee agreed to surrender the equipment to ILM, and several members of Dykstra's team returned to ILM. Afterwards, Universal's newly-formed visual effects division, Universal Hartland Visual Effects, took over the show's visual effects for the remainder of its run.

I still have Cylon invasion down as my August 2020 prediction. But I'm ready...
qh61ei7.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: stilesg57
The old series was very interesting but the new one i didn't like. I tried but couldn't keep up because i didn't find it interesting.

First two or three seasons were great. But it kinda dies out after that.

I enjoyed the recent series when it was out, quite a few years ago.
At the time it was one of the better sci-fi series after a bit of a drought.

I think all good shows become soap operas at some point. I loved the walking dead, but after a few seasons it was like watching general hospital. i continued to watch until rick flew off in the choppa.