• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Bayed Coyote.

ballsdeep

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
New Market , Iowa
418987_2935672425724_1078474190_32843868_2127741063_n.jpg

Re: Bayed Coyote.

Those your hounds? An outside race, brings back memories from some fun nights getting after fox down here. Outside races always had a different sound to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer quick and painless. </div></div>

This^^^ I support your right to do it, but it's not for me. A 75grain amax or 80grain vld launched from a mysterious clump on the hillside is more my style.

That brings back memories of when my dad had coyote hounds, I would rather watch the dogs take one down then to shoot it.

The dogs have to have their fun too, I normally try to shoot one in front of the dogs, we just didnt have the chance this time....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats whats up!!!! get at them with those hounds!! i love hound hunting! </div></div>

I agree, I dont care if we ever kill one I just love watchin and hearing the race...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That brings back memories of when my dad had coyote hounds, I would rather watch the dogs take one down then to shoot it. </div></div>

You like a dog fight do you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That brings back memories of when my dad had coyote hounds, I would rather watch the dogs take one down then to shoot it. </div></div>

You like a dog fight do you? </div></div>

Yeah, I enjoy watching the dogs work over a coyote.

Nice! I love ALL HUNTING!
Dogs are MEANT TO WORK! Not just bark and shit in your backyard. They are much happier with a purpose in life

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That brings back memories of when my dad had coyote hounds, I would rather watch the dogs take one down then to shoot it. </div></div>

Yeah, I enjoy watching the dogs work over a coyote. </div></div>

When it comes to killing, the difference between a weak, evil man and a good, strong man is that the weak gloat over those they wield power and revel in the kill. The good does what is necessary without a word or hesitation.

Not my words, but I agree with the thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That brings back memories of when my dad had coyote hounds, I would rather watch the dogs take one down then to shoot it. </div></div>

Yeah, I enjoy watching the dogs work over a coyote. </div></div>

When it comes to killing, the difference between a weak, evil man and a good, strong man is that the weak gloat over those they wield power and revel in the kill. The good does what is necessary without a word or hesitation.

Not my words, but I agree with the thought.</div></div>

If you don't like it, stay out of the thread. There is no point in turning this into a thread like the long range hunting thread. It is a form of hunting that many of us enjoy.

nothing against, hunting at all. Want to do as much of it as I can in the future. There's a difference between that and enjoying seeing an animal ripped apart when a bullet would do the deed clean and quick.

How do you suggest shooting the coyote when four or five dogs have ahold of the coyote?

you're not getting what I'm saying. Nevermind. Just remember, karma's a bitch.

Lol, don't you have a tree to hug?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol, don't you have a tree to hug? </div></div>

hahahahaa!! </div></div>

I bet you two just can't quit each other.

If it was 5 coyotes and Your dog, what would your thoughts be?

OH, there was a quick and deadly ending on a pit bull in Maggie's earlier today. Watch that one. Apparently the shout shout box crowd didn't like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was 5 coyotes and Your dog, what would your thoughts be? </div></div>
This^^

Well considering now I have a chihuahua, I would say that she would give them one hell of a fight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That brings back memories of when my dad had coyote hounds, I would rather watch the dogs take one down then to shoot it. </div></div>

Its not much of a fight. It is just a way of doing things.

Don't knock it until you hear the race.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well considering now I have a chihuahua, I would say that she would give them one hell of a fight. </div></div>

I'd love to see a chihuahua worked over by coyotes.

[sarcasm]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h4everything</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That brings back memories of when my dad had coyote hounds, I would rather watch the dogs take one down then to shoot it. </div></div>

Its not much of a fight. It is just a way of doing things.

Don't knock it until you hear the race. </div></div>

I've hunted with hounds before. My opinion isn't without experience on the matter.

Perfect NAME, you have the hammer for everything?/?
Event #########################################

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perfect NAME, you have the hammer for everything?/?
Event ######################################### </div></div>

No idea what youre saying. But to provide detail; I spent the majority of my childhood to early 20's in rural England and boarding school. I've fox hunted several times and seen first hand what happens. I can see where hunting is good sport, but to hunt with hounds in order to watch them fight with the quarry is pathetic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was 5 coyotes and Your dog, what would your thoughts be? </div></div>

My thoughts would be, "I need more coyote dogs".....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well considering now I have a chihuahua, I would say that she would give them one hell of a fight. </div></div>

I'd love to see a chihuahua worked over by coyotes.

im thinking a good decoy... not decoy dog... just a decoy... haha

[sarcasm] </div></div>

So....it's fine if we do it so bravely from afar with our peashooters to animals we are not natural predators of. But, it's not ok for essentially nature to run its course with animals doing what they do naturally. Quick, send a memo to every wild carnivore out there to not be so, so, (wiping back a tear), so mean and barbaric.

Nature normally does not understand warm and fuzzy. Nature's not PC. Nature doesn't check its balls at the door.

Yeah, coyotes ALWAYS kill quick and clean..... It's a pleasure shared by few to watch an animal do what it was bred 100s of years to do and absolutely loves!!! Keep 'em runnin boys!!!

I guess these boys don't "owe their conscience to ANY mortal man"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was 5 coyotes and Your dog, what would your thoughts be?</div></div>
Kill switch engaged

This talk of 'it's natural' is complete rubbish. The dogs in the photo are anything but natural and instead the results of careful breeding for the amplified expression of specific traits of behaviour and genetics. Nature had very little to do with that photo. The tasks they perform today are totally different from their behaviour as they were prior to domestication.

To compare the humane killing of a pest to how the pest kills its own prey is really nothing other than stupid. Wolves and other carnivores begin eating before the prey is actually dead - are you going to start do that just because the animals do? You think there's 'justice' in killing a coyote this way because that' how coyotes kill?

The coyote doesn't have the presence or mind to kill in a specific way other than to simply eat. We, are different (or at least some of us) in that we have a choice to do it without causing unnecessary distress.

Yeah, the peashooter is better.

There's a difference between being weak or soft-hearted and mindful. There's a difference between masculine and macho. Your conscience isn't worth a damn, if the mind is ignorant, and even less so if it's willfully ignorant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gabbott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nature normally does not understand warm and fuzzy. Nature's not PC. Nature doesn't check its balls at the door.
</div></div>
Ya, thanks for the nature lesson friend, none of us are familiar with how the food chain works........

Nobody is saying anything contrary to your argument, only asking why you would stand there and watch one animal tear another apart, when you have the ability to shoot it and end any suffering. Or is it the suffering that gives them the warm fuzzy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Or is it the suffering that gives them the warm fuzzy? </div></div>

Nailed it.

I used to raise cattle. When a pack of coyotes get on a young calf, they tear it to pieces. They will eat on an animal that is still alive and struggling. I figure any suffering a coyote experiences is karma coming back around. I wont sit by and allow any other animal to suffer, but coyotes get no sympathy from me.

I've shot and killed thousands of varmints. I've also helped raise thousands of animals for human consumption. Hounds are an extremely effective tool for adc work. I have a very hard time seeing the sport in it. Like I said, I support your right to use them, but labeling someone a tree or bunny-hugger because they don't approve is not always accurate.

It's just interesting that this type of topic often becomes so emotional.

I prefer and strive for humane kills. I don't "hunt" coons or pigs or coyotes with dogs. I have a great retriever that is amazing with birds. I have a tremendous level of appreciation for animals as they exhibit behavior. I wouldn't be comfortable standing by watching dogs tear apart another animal alive. While it's not my style, I can greatly appreciate dogs do their thing whether they are curs baying a pig, hounds treeing a cat or coon, or a pointer on a covey of quail.

Wolves kill coyotes. Coyotes kill house cats or cute little bunnies. It is natural. Our domesticated dogs which of course came from the wild are only more civilized because we've made them so - some much more than others. Humans didn't do the inverse and stumble across warm and cuddly little shih tzus running about in the outback only to train them to be ruthless killers. You could argue that what we as humans have done to domesticate animals is not natural.

Any way, I apologize for riling earlier, I just often see negative responses to hunting in its many various forms that are primarily based on an emotional response instead of a more informed and rational response. I guess I was being sarcastic about some of the responses here.

In the case of the antis, they try to come across as more enlightened and evolved when in fact they have never seen an animal in an actual wild setting. ....or almost as bad, the person that talks to their dog in baby human talk as if the dog is an 18 month old child. Irks me. It's almost always city folk that have never been truly exposed to the natural world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was 5 coyotes and Your dog, what would your thoughts be? </div></div>

God I hope he doesn't rape the males too!
eek.gif
</div></div>

For the cause here, I hope your dog is not a "Necrophiliac".
Either way I'd still kike to meet him!

Nature is a cold hardcore bitch, with that said I have seen my share of yotes eating human remains that have died as a result of exposure down here. It is not a pretty sight. I can only hope that they were dead before they fed. All predators explore your weaknesses and use them against you.
" fuck I need a beer now after remembering that"

Some of the shit I read on here amazes me, I don't understand why some people read the hunting and fishing section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of the shit I read on here amazes me </div></div>

What, that there are people here who respect and regard life and suffering?

Or that there are people here who care little or not at all?

Got another one bayed up today behind the neighbors farrowing house, we put a bullet in it. The owner was happy we were out running.....

I remember as a kid the coyotes eating my dog and my favorite cat. I have no sympathy for coyotes. They are not really worth much more than woodchucks or prarie dogs, and how they die does not matter as long as they die before they eat my chickens, or turkeys, or pets, or other livestock, or destroy my favorite quail hunting spots, or my squirrel (target) population, or that fawn that would otherwise grow into a nice 10-pointer, ect, ect... Being humane is important, and no one who gets jollies from butchery should be in the field. However, from the pic, a shot at the coyote with all those dogs around, or into the water might not be all that safe. So, let the dogs have thier fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InsidetheStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how they die does not matter </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InsidetheStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">humane is important</div></div>

Dont those two statements comflict eachother a little bit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of the shit I read on here amazes me, I don't understand why some people read the hunting and fishing section. </div></div>

Yeah, I agree, only sadists and sociopaths should read the hunting and fishing section because hunting is <span style="text-decoration: underline">only</span> for people who enjoy toying with and torturing their prey.

"Some of the shit I read on here amazes me" <-- At least we can agree on that part.