• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing BC Flip ups too tight

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right section, but here it goes. I want to know if there is any specific way I can send the inside of butler creek caps. They have a right fit and even though I like that, I feel I want to send just a bit so I am able to get them all the way on there. I also feel like the one on they eye box is too tight and when I try putting it on i am always concerned I might mess up the reticle focus ring. Any suggestions?
    Thanks...

Butlers were great back in the day. But now you have more choices. I like the vortex ones since they are a little more elastic and grippier. I've had the butlers fall off due to recoil and had to use tactical tape to keep it there. Sanding is okay but go slow. The inside is already quite slick so you may not have enough grip. Make sure you clean all that debris off before sliding it over the lens.

Or you can go one size up and tighten it tactical tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boiling water might be worth a try. Plastic doesn't sand very well.