• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCG with adjustable gas key?

WYO09

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Montana
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor I built with the Dracos Barrel and they recommended using an adjustable BCG and I'm wondering what success people have had with adjusting the adjustable gas key as opposed the to the adjustable gas blocks? What buffer worked best, a standard buffer or a heavy buffer when tuning the gas key? I was a hesitant to add the adjustable gas key just because it seems to add complexity to the system and I like the "keep is simple stupid" motto. I'm planning on doing some testing this weekend and I thought I'd get some input(tips/tricks) from all that have experience with the adjustable gas key and the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Last edited:
I ran a sundevil adjustable gas key for a while. It worked, don't know how long it wuld hold up for.

I ran a sundevil adjustable gas key for a while. It worked, don't know how long it wuld hold up for.

Sundevil is the adjustable gas key used on the Falkor bcg. It's the only way to adjust the gas with Dracos barrel. Did you run a standard buffer or heavy buffer?Or did it matter?

Adjustable gas key is working but ejector on JP HP bolt is not...at least think. Ive tried heavy and standard buffers but since I changed bolts on the bcg the ejection had been weak. Originally had the Aero precision bcg with bolt and firing pin. Upgraded the bolt to the JP HP with hp firing pin. AREO ejected well but at 1 o'clock with pressure signs on the primer. Jp bolt, primers look good but will not eject???? Thoughts

I've been running one for a few weeks. Of course it chose today to blow the adjustment screw out. On the second stage of a match.

I've been running one for a few weeks. Of course it chose today to blow the adjustment screw out. On the second stage of a match.

Are you running a high pressure bolt? I have the JP HP bolt I'm trying but I'm having problems with weak ejection. The original Aero bolt ejected well but the primers were getting cratered pretty good. Just curious if anyone has had any ejection issues with JP HP bolt??

The rifle I had the issue with the adjustable gas key on was a .223.

I do however have an AR in 6mm CM with the JP HP bolt. I do not have issues with ejection. In fact, the rifle tends to fling brass very far, almost like an AK.

Why not use the Falkor BCG? I just finished building up a new rifle (still waiting on hand guard) using a Dracos 6.5 CM barrel paired with the Falkor adjustable BCG. I have a factory Falkor rifle with the adjustable BCG and it works very well. Annoying to have to take out the BCG to adjust the gas, re-insert, fire, adjust,etc. but I am very happy with mine once you set it to where you want it.

Took the rifle out over the weekend and got it tuned to where it's running very well. Ejection is strong and consistent at about 4:00. Just took a while for me to get it adjusted