• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM BFH 11.5 MCMR upper vs PSA Geissele railed 10.5 upper with FN barrel

eugevita

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
Between a BCM BFH 11.5 MCMR upper and PSA 10.5 with FN barrel and Geissele rail is one much better than the other? I know that dwell time in theory should be better with the BCM. I am about to pick up the BCM 11.5 on Monday and wondering if it will have any significant advantage over the PSA that I mentioned which I already own and love. Is one of them likely to be more accurate or better for suppression? Just curious as to your thoughts as I might only end up keeping one of them after I pick up the BCM. Thank you
icon_smile_cool.gif

IMHO , both have great, durable barrels.

BCM makes some great stuff.

All my PSA FN barreled uppers have been great shooters as well. With surprising accuracy with ammo the FN barrel likes.

I have gone from 10.5" to 11.5" , for the better dwell time and slightly better ballistics, and slightly less muzzle blast.

If you weren't using a suppressor, I would say to hold out for the BCM Enhanced , Fluted LtWt 11.5" , the slightly lower weight makes for a better balancing carbine ( IMHO ) . A lot of the weight is moved towards the center of the firearm.

Reactions: eugevita
IMHO , both have great, durable barrels.

BCM makes some great stuff.

All my PSA FN barreled uppers have been great shooters as well. With surprising accuracy with ammo the FN barrel likes.

I have gone from 10.5" to 11.5" , for the better dwell time and slightly better ballistics, and slightly less muzzle blast.

If you weren't using a suppressor, I would say to hold out for the BCM Enhanced , Fluted LtWt 11.5" , the slightly lower weight makes for a better balancing carbine ( IMHO ) . A lot of the weight is moved towards the center of the firearm.
sounds like your vote goes to selling the PSA and using the BCM 11.5 I am about to acquire....good info!

If I'm not mistaken, FN makes BCM's BFHs. So the performance should be consistent, not accounting for the difference in length.

If name brand or roll marks mean anything to you... the BCM is the obvious choice.

I once had a PSA lower that didn't quite live up to the hype (pins walking out), but if yours is gtg, I think it will come down to which barrel length you prefer or which rail.

Reactions: eugevita