• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM vs DD

M4sniperz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2014
Which one do you guys prefer and why? I know this has most likly been asked before but I just want new answers..I personally like the DD because if the barrel and rail system.

I have two rifles from Daniel Defense. The M4V5 and the M4V7LW. Great rifles. Fantastic barrels. Not a fan of quad rails though. My V5 is my competition rifle so it's heavily modified. 15" JP handguard, ARFX fixed stock, Rubber City Armory low mass BCG, JP adjustable gas block, Geissele Super Dynamic 3G trigger, SJC Titan comp, etc.

I have nothing against BCM. From all I have heard they also make a very good rifle.

I guess I'll be the first to say I favor BCM.

However I will say when it comes to barrels, the DD probably has a slight advantage In accuracy.

All other components are even. BCM has never let me down in parts or service. I tend to piece my AR's together a piece at a time. My latest rifle uses BCM's 14.5" barrel, Mod 1 compensator, gas block, Gunfighter ambi-charging handle, and 13" KMR rail.

I have been through DD's Omega and lite rails and while the quality was there, they just didn't do it for me. Also had a DD BCG and while quality was above par, I decided to go a different direction.

Nothing against DD, they are great rifles and parts, but BCM for me has been great and then some. Also I gave them a few extra brownie points since their owner is a fellow Leatherneck and they put out quality/well thought out parts with great service. I personally cannot say enough great things about BCM.

They are both great, proven AR15 companies with high quality products. There is no need to compare them as both companies are at the top of their field. You cannot go wrong with products from either company.

I wanna say Daniel Defense is slightly better, their rifles feel a little nicer, higher priced, etc., but I've just stuck with BCM stuff throughout most my of rifle builds. First rifle was a BCM and I sometimes miss it. Their pricing is great, quality parts, and I've never had part failure with BCM stuff. Current rifle has a reprofiled BCM 18" barrel and it's right at .7moa with good ammo. Their innovation lately has taken a step up as well imo.

They are both great, proven AR15 companies with high quality products. There is no need to compare them as both companies are at the top of their field. You cannot go wrong with products from either company.
^^^The correct answer. Everything else comes down to aesthetics.

I got a DD Mk 18 with a spare 14.5in upper, DD Micro Mount, and two DD Omega rails. They rock. Not a fan of their new grip and stock though, I think it looks stupid.

Ok, now let's throw another brand in the mix...noveske.

i+want+mine+to+say+_1362bdc151fce84fbe4f36522dc3ab6f.jpg

along with the company's QC, so it seems.

i+want+mine+to+say+_1362bdc151fce84fbe4f36522dc3ab6f.jpg

along with the company's QC, so it seems.

Roger that. I'm afraid it's too late. My Noveske buying days are over, yours should be too.

I'm a DD guy all the way for an off the shelf complete rifle, durable barrels for rugged builds, or almost anything. Not knocking BCM as I only own a few parts from them. DD is the only large top tier company that hasnt disappointed me yet. They are a no BS outfit with an awesome no BS rifle.

While they do offer complete rifles, it seems like BCM's major focus is on upper assemblies and parts rather than complete rifles. I've bought a couple of their uppers that include a DD hand guard. Great uppers, both have been very durable and accurate. BCM's bolt carrier groups have an extremely good reputation.

Daniel Defense makes fantastic stuff too. As others have said, you can't go wrong with either.

They are peers, two of the few companies that actually know what they are doing with regard to the TDP.

I would second the statement that DD does both rifles and parts, whereas BCM tends to do more complete uppers and parts.

Since I haven't bought an AR15 off the shelf since 1998, I have used parts from both companies, to include high volume guns used in high volume courses in some of the most extreme climactic conditions on earth, and they both sing through ammo like a 3-shift sweat shop.