• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Be nice when you golf

lookin4fun

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2010
Ohio
A guy about to tee off was approached by a man who held out a card that read, “I am a deaf mute. May I please play through?”The first man gave the card back, angrily shaking his head, and saying, “No, you CANNOT play through.” He assumed the guy read lips so he mouthed, “I can’t believe you would try to use your handicap to your own advantage like that! Shame on you!” The deaf man walked away and the first man whacked the ball onto the green and then walked off to finish the hole. Just as he was about to put the ball into the hole he was hit in the head with a golf ball that knocked him out cold. When he came to a few minutes later, he looked around and saw the deaf mute sternly looking at him, one hand on his hip, the other hand holding up four fingers

Re: Be nice when you golf

One of the shops I used to work in had 3 deaf guys working there. One of them would probably do just that.

I play in regular scrambles with friends and work associates, some of whom feel drinking, early and often, aids their game...On a particularly crappy course one of the more geezerly guys prefers to play, my group got "hit into" on a couple of holes. After the 2nd time, my group arranged to return fire the next time it happened.

When it happened, we did. No one was hit, sadly, but it got the desired reaction.

Very funny!

Of course the fact that I had stabbed the flag into the ground behind the greens a couple times had them a little pissed too...

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Of course the fact that I had stabbed the flag into the ground behind the greens a couple times had them a little pissed too...

laugh.gif

</div></div>

Now that's funny !

I was waiting in an airport and a woman handed me a card the read "I am deaf. Could you please help me by buying one of my cards? God bless." or some such shit. I wrote "Beethoven was deaf. Get a job" on the back and gave it back to her. She scurried off quickly.

Rick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

LMFAO! Man I can think of a few times when that would have been awesome! I've got it stored for future use though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was waiting in an airport and a woman handed me a card the read "I am deaf. Could you please help me by buying one of my cards? God bless." or some such shit. I wrote "Beethoven was deaf. Get a job" on the back and gave it back to her. She scurried off quickly.

Rick </div></div>

she had a job. selling cards.

</div></div>

Flag put in the bunker on an elevated green is a great way to mess with a group hitting into you.