• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bear attack in home town

Kogapsp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2004
Santa Barbara
www.kogapsp.com
Ok I have been all over these hills seen dozens of bears and mountain lions and I have never had an issue. Unfortunately Yogi is going to have be killed. It was not the bears fault since her dogs were off leash harassing the bear. Well bears do what they need to do to protect themselves. Instead the dogs ran towards the owner for protection only to have the owner try to outrun a charging bear. Lol what is the saying ..When being chased by a bear be sure to be faster than the slowest one in the group. Certainly a fail here . Lucky for her she should of started yelling and waving her hands in the air this would of stopped the charge. Kommiefornia is in a draught and yogi just wanted some nice ripe avocados for breakfast. Link below

CARPINTERIA, Calif.: California woman clawed, bitten in bear attack | National | NewsObserver.com

Probably one of those famous Ojai area "Avocado Bears" we used to see 20 years ago.

They just eat avocados and get insanely fat/big. Some ranchers complained that they would eat 20 pounds of avocados per night. You'd see bears with green foam around their mouths in the Los Padres National Forest on occasion.

Carpinteria's got a nice beach....fond memories...

She got off easy. Maybe she will keep her dogs on a leash when wondering the wilderness from now on, otherwise, start packing honey.

Ok I have been all over these hills seen dozens of bears and mountain lions and I have never had an issue. Unfortunately Yogi is going to have be killed. It was not the bears fault since her dogs were off leash harassing the bear. Well bears do what they need to do to protect themselves. Instead the dogs ran towards the owner for protection only to have the owner try to outrun a charging bear. Lol what is the saying ..When being chased by a bear be sure to be faster than the slowest one in the group. Certainly a fail here . Lucky for her she should of started yelling and waving her hands in the air this would of stopped the charge. Kommiefornia is in a draught and yogi just wanted some nice ripe avocados for breakfast. Link below

CARPINTERIA, Calif.: California woman clawed, bitten in bear attack | National | NewsObserver.com

Waiving your arms and yelling does not always stop a bear. Trust me I know. I have had to kill 5 in in the line of duty and I did not want to. All the conventional wisdom applies most of the time but not all of the time. She should have kept control of her dogs but she should also have been armed and ready to protect herself.
Pat

Waiving your arms and yelling does not always stop a bear. Trust me I know. I have had to kill 5 in in the line of duty and I did not want to. All the conventional wisdom applies most of the time but not all of the time. She should have kept control of her dogs but she should also have been armed and ready to protect herself.
Pat

Mind me asking what you shot em with? You in Alaska, Im guessing Grizzlies? Pardon my ignorance of the north lands.

The Bear was a Republican and she was a liberal Democrat, it was trying to knock some sense into her. Just catch it and relocate it, no reason to kill it.

Yes Alaska is a different ball game when it comes to bears. The ones around here just want three things food , water and a place to sleep. Humans are not on the list of eats like Alaska. I have seen plenty of them and he'll I had one hike with me for 40 miles to get back to Yosemite lol. Unfortunately the dogs did not help any.

When I was a kid[about 50-60 years ago] Colorado had a spring bear hunting season that was put in place around the early 1900s. due to too many bears around causing all kinds of hassles. That season stayed in place until around 20 years ago if I remember close to correctly.
We didn't see a lot of bears when I was young and rarely had problems with them.
Fast forward to around 20-30 years ago and the tree huggers and bunny lovers put a thing on the ballot to outlaw the spring bear hunt as it was leaving cubs to starve and die and all of that shit, that and fewer hunters to cull them in the fall.
Now we have the bastards[bears] tree huggers too, every where. In the ski towns and all up and down the front range and who screams the loudest? The tree huggers and bunny lovers.
I think the Old Farts from years ago had the right idea and the best solution.
There sure are lots of bears around Colorado now. They even come down the river drainages like the South Platte onto the plains.
Regards, FM I think we need to shoot a lot more of them.