• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bear pit "tard" rimfire challenge

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    As this was started in another thread I thought as much as I enjoyed it we should get the ball rolling with our own "challenge".
    A23 target at 50 yards with 25 rounds any rimfire.
    If a guy wants to use Ontarget or other apps to measure groups that's fine.
    Off a bench, prone, ect.
    With the target pics one should include rifle type, ammo, date and conditions.
    This is a "shooting site" so lets do some shooting.
    I'll post up a recent target to get the ball rolling: [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i752.photobucket.com\/albums\/xx164\/rthur\/DSC02904.jpg"}[/IMG2]

R

Last edited:
    How about separating out the rimfire rifles used by type? I'd feel silly with my aging eyes and a CZ 452 Lux, bone stock with iron sights, up against a tuned rig with glass.

How about separating out the rimfire rifles used by type? I'd feel silly with my aging eyes and a CZ 452 Lux, bone stock with iron sights, up against a tuned rig with glass.

We can separate optics from irons.
    Just list such on the target.
    This is really just for fun more than a true comp.

R

We can separate optics from irons.
    Just list such on the target.
    This is really just for fun more than a true comp.

R

For some, it's a matter of pride and bragging rights. For others, like Half-pint, it's a strangely passive-aggressive, ritualistic attempt at creating changes in the pecking order and enforcing them.

For some, it's a matter of pride and bragging rights. For others, like Half-pint, it's a strangely passive-aggressive, ritualistic attempt at creating changes in the pecking order and enforcing them.

I'm with ya.
    If I had any with irons I'd shoot one myself.
    My eyes went south a while back.

R

Last edited:

Ill try to shoot this over the weekend with a chipmunk or cricket. I have no shame.

I'm in R. I'll see if I can get something done tomorrow. It'll be tough keeping up with you fellas with Annies.

Alrighty then, looking forward to seeing some targets fellers.
    POG,Veer,Bicky- kindly keep the grabastic to a minimum.
    Danke

R

I beleive it is meant to be serious. Rthur is just trying to get fellas out shooting. This is after all a shooting forum. He's not giving away a new Corvette to the winner, it's for practice and fun.

Okay, serious question. Is this thread meant to be taken seriously? If not then I'll contribute some targets where I deliberately fuck up and make the grouping look less like a rimfire target and more like a shotgun patterning target. :D

Maser have a little pride and shoot your best.

R

Maser have a little pride and shoot your best.

R

Fair enough. Just confused me a bit I guess when I saw "tard" right in the thread title and then your OP has an actual legit 50 yard grouping. Anyways, your thread and obviously you want it serious so that's all I needed to see.

Ill see if I cant get a .22 out Saturday afternoon. Thanks for the challenge.

Only question - why start this thread separately, when we already had the other one going on? Seems redundant with two threads having the same challenge.

Rimfire Tard Challenge at 0940 this morning...

IMG_3467.JPG

Not as consistent as the shoot your mouth off challenge. More flyers, wasn't adjusting to the wind changes, etc...it's on me.

IMG_3470.JPG

Not as consistent as the shoot your mouth off challenge. More flyers, wasn't adjusting to the wind changes, etc...it's on me.

You may be unhappy with the riflery results but I must note your hand writing is impeccable.

Were you beat by Nuns much?

LOL, no. Everyone says that, but unfortunately, it's never made me a dime.

LOL, no. Everyone says that, but unfortunately, it's never made me a dime.

Get my kid to hold a pencil like a human rather than an orangutan and Ill pay you ten bucks.

His teachers don't think penmanship matters.

I know. I just verified with my kids and they said their teachers could care less as long as it's legible. It's all keyboarding skills now.

You may be unhappy with the riflery results but I must note your hand writing is impeccable.

Were you beat by Nuns much?

That's funny shit . I got the livin piss beat outta me by Nuns and Priests and my penmanship aint so great . Learned how to take a punch though .

Only question - why start this thread separately, when we already had the other one going on? Seems redundant with two threads having the same challenge.

It seemed the other was moving into oblivion and I put this version up.
    Tried to talk Tuck into making a sticky, we will see.

R

Here's my target from the other thread. I'll shoot it again when I get the opportunity.
    The sticky could happen if we see more targets and less foreplay.

9L4vEiC.jpg

Do a monthly challenge.

Try to toss some salad though.

The .22 section already has a .22 monthly challenge.

Someone feels sporty suggest a challenge. Could be .22 with a different target, again the .22 section has some great target games.

Maybe a centerfire shoot at a certain range. The old Snipershide challenge target was pretty good.

Elfster had a good 5 shot thing going.

Seems like pistols are owned by many why not throw out a pistol challenge and see who can shoot pistol.

Lets do this one until the last of the month and in the mean time think what the challenge will be for next month.

Fastest keyboard typing is not allowed, has to be firearm related.

Shoot the 100 yd. center fire challenge target (here on the Hide) but with a rimfire at 50. I think it's in the Advanced Marksmanship thread.

Alrighty then. Thanks for giving me something to do on a rainy Saturday afternoon!
    Going forward, post a target, ask a relevant question, answer a relevant question, or comment on a target.
    Looking forward to seeing some targets.

I am a tard....

Rifle, Springfield M2, 5/35 barrel date, 20X Unertl....

Ammo, CMP surplus standard velocity, probably 40 grainers....

First 25 sighters....

For "tard" record...

Notes....

That 20X mag certainly lets me see my eyeball pulse. The world moves inside that straw.

Thanks for posting the challenge Rthur I saw this and was thingking about it and decided that come hell or some family commitment I was going to the range on Saturday . It was raining and cool and well perfect cause I was at the range . I didn't really pay to much attention to the rules or parameters set around the challenge and just went out and shot . I used my daughter's .17 HMR and had a blast . Bench , bipod and rear bag . Oh yeah used a bushnell 3-9 scope . I didn't adjust my zero when I switched from the CCI to the Hornady . I shot 3rds of the Hornady and thy were tight as a gnats ass so I decided to put up an A1 target and see what happened . My bad the rifle is a Savage . I picked it up a few years back as a Christmas present for my daughter . Went to Cabelas and when I was talking to the guy behind the counter another guy chimed in and said forget the .22 get the .17 Savage . " I shoot shot gun shells off fence posts at 200yds with that thing , trust me . " Glad I listened .

Attachments

• photo54693.jpg
      photo54693.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 24
    • photo54694.jpg
      photo54694.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 17
    • photo54695.jpg
      photo54695.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 17
    Good shootin" Alpha.
    Good to see more targets.
    When I get a break from stirring dirt I have an idea for the next version.

​​​​​​​R

So a few things . Thanks R and nice shootin . You and Tucker just shot the x's out . We need to see more targets and more shootin for Tucker to make this a sticky .
    I don't shoot a lot of rimfire and this was a lot of fun . I'm actually looking at a CZ 455 ( I believe it is ) because of how fun this is . Oh an pmclaine that rig is a beaut . I know PPB has a rig saw it in another thread and I'll bet that Sihr has a few rimfire rifles that would make one drown in their own drool . Lets see em .

My son Sam said he was too busy to break out the savage and show you guys what a real .22 group looks like at 50m. I believe the word he used to describe the OP was, "sad"

I'm not proud Switch, have him light one up for us.
    We're looking to get regular participation.

R

My son Sam said he was too busy to break out the savage and show you guys what a real .22 group looks like at 50m. I believe the word he used to describe the OP was, "sad"

He can't be THAT busy. Takes 15 minutes or less. Let's see a target!