• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bedding A Vudoo Action

Gjmen22

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2020
NE Ohio
I will hopefully be receiving my new Vudoo V22 with the Grayboe Ridgeback stock and a 20" MTU profile barrel within a month. My question is... is everyone bedding their actions? How much does bedding help? I know I'm sure it varies from action to action and from stock to stock. Just trying to get an idea if it's even worth doing. If you are bedding, how far forward of the action lug are you bedding? Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thank you, Gjmen22

@RAVAGE88 thoughts?

Last edited:
In for replies. Also while on the subject why is the recoil lug different? I understand there is no recoil but it would have less surface area for bedding.

I run mine in a chassis without bedding...but here is a screenshot from Grayboe FAQ:

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 7.13.19 AM.png

Foundation stocks are perfect for bedding any action

My Vudoo is bedded in A McMillan A3-5. Why? Because I bought the Vudoo DBM and it does not fit the M5 inlet. So since the DBM was being bedded, why not the action too.
I had no plans to bed it until I saw that odd ball DBM shape.

My Vudoo is bedded in A McMillan A3-5. Why? Because I bought the Vudoo DBM and it does not fit the M5 inlet. So since the DBM was being bedded, why not the action too.
I had no plans to bed it until I saw that odd ball DBM shape.
I thought these DBM's were all supposed to be universal. For giggles, I stuck my 12 round aluminum Vudoo magazine in my 308's Badger Ord. AICS DBM, and it wiggled all over the place. I guess I can understand your issues OLD308, with a different outside dimension, but I would expect the magazines to fit all the different patterns. :unsure:

Last edited:
Vudoo mags are supposed to fit AICS DBM. I never tested it, so I can’t speak on that. I just got super pissed then it came in. Luckily, I have a few stocks laying around. So instead of cutting up a USMC spec A4, I had the A3-5 cut to work.
Very small difference, but it’s there. You can see it in the pictures I have posted in the Rimfire For Sale section.

Why would you spend the money on a Vudoo that will shoot minute of a gnat's ass from the factory and mess around with it? You bed a rifle to correct a fitment issue. A Vudoo isn't coming from the factory with fitment issues.

Ok i just got a PM. afitment is what happens when a Yankee gets a gun they cant shoot They throw a fitment it happens up north

• Haha
Reactions: Gjmen22
Why would you spend the money on a Vudoo that will shoot minute of a gnat's ass from the factory and mess around with it? You bed a rifle to correct a fitment issue. A Vudoo isn't coming from the factory with fitment issues.
I guess I'm the type of person who is always looking for a little more accuracy. So that is why. If the consensus was people found improvement after bedding, I would probably look into it it. I'm hoping it does shoot "minute of gnats ass" :ROFLMAO: from the factory. But I do believe, even the best factory guns can be improved. Plus I like to tinker and try different things, isn't that how we learn?

I have heard if them; however, I had no idea that's what it stood for. I like it!