• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

beenjammin, AU fans, come take your medicine!

Re: beenjammin, AU fans, come take your medicine!

Georgia did play an excellent game and can hold their head up high. Their QB will make a lot of money in the NFL and I'm glad he's taken a problematic program and returned them to the SEC championship. It was a close, well fought, hard game.

Check this one......Guy pulls a hamstring and still outruns Ok defenders.

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/7ZUWEcP71Ag[/video]

All you AU fans can say is "we hate Bama because their fans are so obnoxious". NEWS FLASH: That can be said for AU fans too.
Tide fans have been thru struggles and not that long ago. We are now blessed with great teams; something the Tiger fans have not seen much of.
I cheered loudly for AU when they won the SEC and the BCS but it seems all you Tiger fans just carry a grudge. Maybe you guys should get Dr Phil to give you some counseling. Why can't you just be proud that our state has an opportunity to show its dominance in big time college football. After all, we usually rank 48th in everything else
frown.gif

Very well put. I can honestly say that I've never pulled for a damn duck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All you AU fans can say is "we hate Bama because their fans are so obnoxious". NEWS FLASH: That can be said for AU fans too.
Tide fans have been thru struggles and not that long ago. We are now blessed with great teams; something the Tiger fans have not seen much of.
I cheered loudly for AU when they won the SEC and the BCS but it seems all you Tiger fans just carry a grudge. Maybe you guys should get Dr Phil to give you some counseling. Why can't you just be proud that our state has an opportunity to show its dominance in big time college football. After all, we usually rank 48th in everything else
frown.gif

</div></div>

Jerry.. Its ok you can call me out. You dont have to say all you Auburn fans as I dont have too many followers here backing me up. I know you are talking about ME
smile.gif
. You are one of the better fans I admit, but when you are born, raised, married, and work in the town that you went to school at, its just different. I self admit that I am one of those ruthless Auburn fans. I was raised to cheer for Auburn and whomever plays against Bama.
smile.gif

At this point I need to point out that Ben and I have joked about the AU/UA rivalry for a long time. It's all in good fun and in no way is it meant to be spiteful or malicious. Ben is a good guy and I would have a beer with him any time. I called him out on this thread as a joke and he knows that.

You can't live in Alabama and not be forced to a side one way or another. It's to ingrained in the culture here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Jerry.. Its ok you can call me out. You dont have to say all you Auburn fans as I dont have too many followers here backing me up. I know you are talking about ME
smile.gif
. You are one of the better fans I admit, but when you are born, raised, married, and work in the town that you went to school at, its just different. I self admit that I am one of those ruthless Auburn fans. I was raised to cheer for Auburn and whomever plays against Bama.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Preach it, brother! I also root for whoever plays Bama (including the mighty Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, haha). I can also always find some way the team they're playing is better than them via www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com. Very handy.

I grew up an Auburn fan as both grandfathers went there (I have one of my granfather's 1957 class ring), a half-dozen aunts/uncles, and plenty of my generation. I don't believe in predestination, but it happens in Alabama!

And there are a ton of assholes for every fanbase, but plenty of good people too. So don't just lump everyone together just because of who they root for. As bad of experiences we've all had with various fanbases, at least we all can agree the biggest assholes follow the 49ers....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say let the boys play i get sick of "oh you can't hit the QB hard" he's a damn football player he signed to play football knowing that it's a physical sport... Jesus. (referring to the hit on Murray) I'm surprised the blocked field goal didn't get called back figured they were going to call taunting cause he's was strutting a little. Hell they did it to Cordelle Patterson in the missouri game. </div></div>

Again... Im sure you would say the same if it was AJ... real sure.

Yeldon is a tank and thats all she wrote. No way ND can stop Yeldon and Lacey. I wish them the best though.

</div></div>

You were singing a different tune a while ago..... </div></div>

Ok ok ok. Ill say this, then Ill let you bama fans enjoy the win.

I can recognize a good player no matter what team they play for. I just dont have to cheer for the team they play for. It was certainly a nail biter of a game. It was fun to watch, but some of the comments you guys make sound like you think you blew them out or had some outstanding win. Just one more play separated a win from a loss on that one. Georgia played a great game. Give them some credit at least. They certainly deserve more respect then that "G-ay" picture that was posted up.

.. On there other hand.... Asking bama fans not to over boast is asking way too much I know... Nature of being a bama fan. Lived with it all my life. Have family sitting right here that would totally agree with most of you. It certainly is painful for me to endure, esp after the season AU put forth this year.

Mike, KYS, and Jerry.. and all you other bammers...... Good game.... Congrats.... etc etc.
smile.gif

Go Notre Dame and War Eagle!

</div></div>

I will say this.... it was a hard nose, smash mouth football game. They gave it all they had. But if that was Georgia's best game, it still wasn't enough. Bama defense wore them down and their two star running backs didn't do anything special. Even on an off day Bama handed them their ass on the ground with two backs putting down 333 yards total. That is beastly. UGA is a good team, they will lose guys to the NFL draft for sure. But even on Bama's off day, they just were not good enough to pull away from The Tide. They had their opportunities....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At this point I need to point out that Ben and I have joked about the AU/UA rivalry for a long time. It's all in good fun and in no way is it meant to be spiteful or malicious. Ben is a good guy and I would have a beer with him any time. I called him out on this thread as a joke and he knows that.

You can't live in Alabama and not be forced to a side one way or another. It's to ingrained in the culture here. </div></div>

Its called "Redneck"...we have the same syndrome here in Virginia. I come from a long line of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very well put. I can honestly say that I've never pulled for a damn duck! </div></div>

Me also, I freely admit I'm a Rabid Bama fan, but when I heard about the trees at Toomers Corners I felt the guy should swing from a rope from them. As for being an obnoxious Bama fan? "Fear the thumb" ring a bell? Bite my Bama Butt. It ain't a rivalry if one team sucks.

He wasn't even on my radar.... I wish the AU program the best of luck, but in my opinion their future is bleak at best. I walked out of the stadium of an Iron Bowl game, before it was over, for the first time in my life this year. I don't look forward to making that a habit.

I think Gus will do okay. He will need 2 or 3 seasons, but I think he can do a good job. The one thing I will give Gus is that his strategy typically results in a game that is fun to watch.

If he can hire on a GOOD defensive coordinator and not have a lop-sided attack (i.e. high-powered offense only), I think he can make a great program.

Heck, his first year as a head coach he went 9-3 I think. Didn't he wind the Sunbelt conference this year? I know that the Sunbelt is no SEC, but just as he steps up to a bigger conference, he also steps up to better athletes/recruits. I guess you could say that it is proportional in some ways.

I'm kinda glad Auburn didn't get Kirby because I'd hate to see him leave Alabama, but I know the time will come when he flies the coop.

Auburn will do just fine in a couple of years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got Gus back? I'm not totally convinced that was the right move, but predictable for sure. I was hoping for bamas coordinator in all honesty. We shall see.</div></div>

At least they can make a good hire UT just lost all three of their top coaches in the search less there is some Brett Bielema secret going on.

I believe ol Tennessee is in deep poo! They are going to end up with another half assed coach since their top 3 told them "no thanks".

I agree i just don't understand why. There is talent there, sanctions are about to be up, huge fan base, historic relevance in college football, and 9.5% less cost of living than anywhere in the U.S. (5m goes a long ways) only downside is recruiting and if the coach is afraid of getting fired. The only way someone is going to get fired is if they don't win. There are several coaches that would've done better with the talent Dooley had. Dooley still came close USC, UGA, and MSU were all extremely close. Seems he could never get over the hump.

Now there is even rumors of rehiring Fulmer lol. How sad would that look? Bringing a hall of fame coach we fired in 2008 out of retirement because we can't get anyone else.

If he can't get Fedora or Butch Davis then something is seriously wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree i just don't understand why. There is talent there, sanctions are about to be up, huge fan base, historic relevance in college football, and 9.5% less cost of living than anywhere in the U.S. (5m goes a long ways) only downside is recruiting and if the coach is afraid of getting fired. The only way someone is going to get fired is if they don't win. There are several coaches that would've done better with the talent Dooley had. Dooley still came close USC, UGA, and MSU were all extremely close. Seems he could never get over the hump.

Now there is even rumors of rehiring Fulmer lol. How sad would that look? Bringing a hall of fame coach we fired in 2008 out of retirement because we can't get anyone else.

If he can't get Fedora or Butch Davis then something is seriously wrong. </div></div>

Oh I can tell you what's wrong! No self respecting man wants to be caught dead in that jump suit orange crap!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh I can tell you what's wrong! No self respecting man wants to be caught dead in that jump suit orange crap!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Hehe friend told me the other day "It's because that is the most annoying song ever written. You couldn't pay me enough."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree i just don't understand why. There is talent there, sanctions are about to be up, huge fan base, historic relevance in college football, and 9.5% less cost of living than anywhere in the U.S. (5m goes a long ways) only downside is recruiting and if the coach is afraid of getting fired. The only way someone is going to get fired is if they don't win. There are several coaches that would've done better with the talent Dooley had. Dooley still came close USC, UGA, and MSU were all extremely close. Seems he could never get over the hump.</div></div>

I don't think it was all Dooley's fault. Most games were close in the first half, and the team stopped playing before they came out of the tunnel for the second. The head coach can't get in everyone's asses by himself.

I don't think any coach we've approached yet has come to us because each of them was responsible for their own success. They each built a program from scraps and, frankly, don't feel like doing it again. Add to that the fact that Tennessee's loyalty is apparently only 2-3 years at best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now there is even rumors of rehiring Fulmer lol. How sad would that look? Bringing a hall of fame coach we fired in 2008 out of retirement because we can't get anyone else.</div></div>

Firing Fulmer was the single biggest mistake made (followed closely by hiring Kiffin). Tennessee's "powers that be" got so used to being on top they forgot you can't be top dog forever. Fulmer was winning, just not taking us to SEC championships every year. I bet they miss those days now.

If we keep going down this road I'd start looking at a potential orange sweater vest on Jim Tressel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got Gus back? I'm not totally convinced that was the right move, but predictable for sure. I was hoping for bamas coordinator in all honesty. We shall see. </div></div>

Been too busy traveling to get on here lately.
First, Mike, Ben and I are buds so I hope he knows I am just rubbing salt in his Tiger Tail.
Ben, AU apparently didn't spend all their $$$ buying Cam and buying out Gene. They still had enough left to buy out Gus's contract.
What is next? Another "cute" QB for Gus's wife to swoon over?
Hell, if they send me a couple mil I will become a fan!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got Gus back? I'm not totally convinced that was the right move, but predictable for sure. I was hoping for bamas coordinator in all honesty. We shall see. </div></div>

Been too busy traveling to get on here lately.
First, Mike, Ben and I are buds so I hope he knows I am just rubbing salt in his Tiger Tail.
Ben, AU apparently didn't spend all their $$$ buying Cam and buying out Gene. They still had enough left to buy out Gus's contract.
What is next? Another "cute" QB for Gus's wife to swoon over?
Hell, if they send me a couple mil I will become a fan!!!!

</div></div>

... Man I forgot all about his embarrassing wife. I think she had to be on something for that interview ( I hope she was). But then again, maybe that was the secret to Cam's success all along.

Hang in there Ben it will get better!!
laugh.gif