• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Begera HMR B14 stock switch

nagantguy

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020
Have a hmr B14- in the factory mini chassis my buddy put his b14 ridge in a chassis system and gave me the factory stock- the slightly heavier barrel profile of the hmr dropped right in- his original factory blind bottom metal and action screws seem to mate up perfectly with no dremel work and with 4 rounds in the mag it feeds fine.
I just did this swap at the kitchen table and haven’t fired it yet but safety and trigger work fine - took total weight with bipod from hair over 13 to 9 pounds. Anyone else try this , I’m tinkering with it to shed weight for mountain hunt. Hopefully there will be minimal zero shift . Shedding 4 pounds is nice even if accuracy is slightly less. Cheek weld is of course different but actually not to bad- have a month to fit in a few range trips and coyote hunts to get used to the new lighter profile . But trigger and scope/ mount/ rail are all samey same . Any reason this shouldn’t work?
the barrel profile of buddies rifle is what they call 5.5 mine is called a 6- seemed to be plenty of room - even a folded piece of paper will fit the length of barrel channel.
kinda wish I had another muzzle break at hand the thunder beast look slightly out of place with this more traditional hunting rifle stock.

No has played adult legos with this combo?

Nobody cares...

You've already done it. Why are you asking us? It's a rifle, it fits any stock or chassis with the correct inlet.

Only you know if you have done a good thing or a bad thing. You'll only know that when you shoot it.

Reactions: spife7980
Also, you sure about that weight loss? The standard HMR stock weighs 3.9 lbs, but I don’t think the Ridge weighs zero :)

Yes sure about the weight loss- the ridge stock is 2- but the chassis had bottom rail on the bottom so closer to 4.5 and also went with a lighter scope.

Nobody cares...

You've already done it. Why are you asking us? It's a rifle, it fits any stock or chassis with the correct inlet.

Only you know if you have done a good thing or a bad thing. You'll only know that when you shoot it.
Okay; thanks. Have a nice day I was asking if anyone else had done this- yep I know it works now-when I called manufacturer they said they were not sure so I wondered if other had done that swap. Feel free to put me on ignore or just ignore older posts in the future have a good one partner

Yes sure about the weight loss- the ridge stock is 2- but the chassis had bottom rail on the bottom so closer to 4.5 and also went with a lighter scope.
Ah, nice. Out of curiosity, you’re planning to shoot off a pack, or what? Asking because I plan to run a tripod and forend rail this year hunting, but I’m always interested in other ways of doing things.