• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bell and carlson defect?

cBowles

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Ventura, CA
Hi guys. I recently received my Bell & Carlson M40 stock for my Rem700. Upon arrival I gave it a once over "inspection" and found what I figure to be a defect in the moulding by the where the action is. It is not very deep in the stock, maybe an 1/8", but it's in a pretty critical spot on the stock, by the bolt handle cutout. I was wondering if its something I should be concerned with or just let it be. I figure if it was in the fore grip it wouldn't be a big deal, but strength counts when it comes to being next to the action.

I tried attaching pictures, hopefully it works.

Thank you

ri80e9.jpg

2ic2xb9.jpg

Re: Bell and carlson defect?

Meh, it'd be a non issue for me. Also, it would be full of bedding compound when I was done with the stock. But either way I don't think it will affect performance.

Good luck.

It's not a critical area. No pressure on it or recoil. Put a little bedding in it and forget it.

What's the problem..... they pretty much all look like that. Non-stressed area of the stock. If it bothers you, cover it up when your bed it.

Thanks for the responses guys. I have never bedded a rifle but am in the process of researching and learning how. Ive been watching lots of videos and reading lots of threads but it seems like i always have unanswered questions. However, it seems like this is my next step for this rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cBowles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the responses guys. I have never bedded a rifle but am in the process of researching and learning how. Ive been watching lots of videos and reading lots of threads but it seems like i always have unanswered questions. However, it seems like this is my next step for this rifle. </div></div>

Shoot it first, before you bed. Might be just fine.