• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bell and carlson m40 stock

callen3615

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Peidmont, NC
Hey guys, i have one on the way. Got it from a member here. Are these unpopular? or just new? i havent seen them around. I thought I might try it.

Re: bell and carlson m40 stock

They're Great for the Price! I got one on my Remington 700 5R Milspec .308 and LOVE IT!!! It's very well made and Balanced, rifle feels solid and shoots .75 MOAs all day long, sometimes even .5 MOAs!!! Also, the B&C Customer Service and Warranty are Top Notch as well! I Highly Recommend it to anyone who want's a Great Stock at a More Than Fair Price! Just drop the Barrel Action in and Rock and Roll!

I put one on my 700 SPS Varmint from Dicks and love it. It's a good crossover from a tactical stock to a sporter stock. Comfortable in the tree stand as well as prone.

I do believe that is what LoneWolfUSMC used on his Budget Precision Rifle project.

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CharlieTN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put one on my 700 SPS Varmint from Dicks and love it. It's a good crossover from a tactical stock to a sporter stock. Comfortable in the tree stand as well as prone.

I do believe that is what LoneWolfUSMC used on his Budget Precision Rifle project.

Charlie</div></div>

That is Correct! He also uses a B&C Light Tactical A3 "Hook" as well on one of his older personal rifles as well. As much Gears as he goes through I'd say if it's good enough for him, then it;s probably Good enough for us.

Thanks guys. Hows the cheekweld? I see some people using stock packs, some not. Im using a 16x super sniper in low rings. Id like to avoid having to buy a 50$ stock pack.

I have the Vortex Viper PST FFP on Burris XTR Low Rings and the Cheek Weld if fine. But then again, I have a Fat Cheek so yea. But I'd say you'll be ok.

I do have a Stock pack for comfort though, and it make a world of difference when sweating. You can try the Tactical Works Stock Pack which is $35 I believe, and it holds 8 Rounds instead of 5 on the outside. I have 2 of them now.

I had one on a 223 SPS Tac. It was a solid and light stock. Good for a walking rifle.

Do any of you have a DBM for your BC M40 stock? I am interested in getting one but unsure in which variant works best?

I have the B&C M40 on my 700 so I can use it for hunting. I am shooting below .5 moa with it. I do have a stock saddle on mine. I've been shooting it on the range more than taken it hunting. Didn't realize how much fun it is trying to squeeze as much accuracy out it as I can. The deer don't stand a chance in November.

173rd[.308];2659142 said:
Do any of you have a DBM for your BC M40 stock? I am interested in getting one but unsure in which variant works best?

I just received my M40 stock back from Badger Ord few days ago. I bought the PTG DBM from Stockysstocks for 120.00 and had Badger Ord do the M5 inletting. There's a little gap behind the magazine well but you don't notice it and doesn't affect function. Its the best buy on a DBM system I found out there.

I just received my M40 stock back from Badger Ord few days ago. I bought
the PTG DBM from Stockysstocks for 120.00 and had Badger Ord do the M5 inletting. There's a little gap behind the magazine well but you don't notice it and doesn't affect function. Its the best buy on a DBM system I found out there.

That is a great price! I will take a look at them, thanks

I just received my M40 stock back from Badger Ord few days ago. I bought the PTG DBM from Stockysstocks for 120.00 and had Badger Ord do the M5 inletting. There's a little gap behind the magazine well but you don't notice it and doesn't affect function. Its the best buy on a DBM system I found out there.

Buy direct from ptg and it's $75

I have a Commemorative M40. Would it be beneficial to change out the stock for one of these or a MacMillian? Right now the rifle is shooting about a 1 inch group at 200 yards.

Yours is a commemorative m40, I would not fool with that, its a (piece of history), but thats just me, but if i was going to i would put a mcmillian.

I note that an esteemed colleague above said they have a Dick's Sporting Goods SPS Varmint in which they put on a B&C M40... I was going to make a similar statement and completely agree. When I first started my own firearms buying and looking for things (having saved enough to go out and buy me a few "toys" as I saw them and found things I liked) I found a "Remington 700 SPS Varmint" scoped combo in .308 [and others] at DSG for $499.99 ... this was of particular interest to me because, I knew the USMC and US Army both used Remington 700s for their sniper rifles; these rifles were OD Green stocks [mil looking] & Scoped [so I didn't need to figure out that stuff I could just become a sniper of my own lol!] ; and of course, were extremely reasonably priced at $500 bucks!

I was told the rifle itself was not a bad deal at all for an entry level high-quality rifle, but the stock was absolutely worthless. This B&C M40 was what I seriously considered using to upgrade it had I bought the SPS Varmint... things happened and I wound up not buying it, and only last year finally buying me an AAC-SD and in it I just got me my dream stock, MCS T5A DBM... *BUT* if I was doing it again or needed a reasonably priced stock / needing a new setup, a B&C M40 is about the best for the price you can get, so reasonable on the wallet for the quality!

These are well made Fiberglass stocks with Aluminum bedding structure. Nice ergos though a 14" lop. An in expensive and no brainer upgrade for Many base Remington rifles. Texture better than more expensive stocks. A bargain.

Last edited: