• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bell and Carlson stock bedding

koobs84

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
Fresno, Ca
Hello all. I recently found this forum and love all the helpful information. I recently purchased a bell and carlson stock for my rem700. The stock has an aluminum block bedding. my question is would it still be necessary for me to pillar bed my rifle or would this not make any difference. thanks all in advance!!

Re: Bell and Carlson stock bedding

It is not necassary to pillar bed it, as it has the aluminum bedding block. You could (and should) skim bed it however. This is basically the same process as pillar bedding, without using or installing the pillars. Check out the "Bedding Project" thread in this sub forum for all the info you'll need.

Yeah i definitely already figured out this is one of the best. ive learned a lot in the short amount of time viewing the forums. thanks for the advice and ill look into skim bedding.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I skim bedded mine made a huge difference. </div></div>

+1, a must do on most B&C stocks to get top accuracy.