• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell and Carlson stock question

stalker1131

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2010
Allen,Texas
Hey guys,

Does anyone know much about the Bell and Carlson light tactical stock for the Remington 700 in.308? I had a guy tell me that Bell and Carlson was not really a precision stock and that all they were goo for was hunting. I was thinking bout ordering one but wanted to check around here first. This same guy also told me that unless I had a leupy mark4 that I couldnt shoot past 400 yards either, so I know he is full of shit about that, just curious about the stock. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Bell and Carlson stock question

B&C makes some nice stocks for the money, don't be afraid of them.

I'd pm GUNNER75 here, Wade works for them and is a wealth of knowledge!

i have a medalist v/t adjustable and i dont have a single complaint about it

I have one and like it a great deal. I originally bought an HS Precision, but sold it because the palm swell didn't suit me.

In my view, the B&C Light Tactical is every bit as good as the HS Precision, and it costs a bit less.

Good luck

I have a medalist for a savage, I love it other than the slight misalignment in the bedding block. with the gun tightened down in the stock, I had less than a 16th of an inch on one side of the barrel channel and almost 1/4 inch on the other side. Kinda pissed me off.

The only issue you might run into is the bolt handle channel is sometimes a little shallow and needs to be dremeled out to allow equal lug contact as well as the front action screw hole is sometimes slightly shorter than factory spec and the screw needs to be ground off a thread or two. If thats the case, its easy sleezy to fix and it results in same or better accuracy over the factory stock. At least in my experience.

If you properly skim bed your barreled action into the B&C, your rifle will be just as accurate as if it were in a MCM or Manners. How you action mates to the stock is more important than the brand of the stock.

I have had good luck with B&C stocks. The only problem I ever had with mine was the paint in the barrel channel was thick and need to be sanded for the barrel to free float, but that was a minor fix. The really are a great value.

Their medalist stocks have an aluminum bedding block that make them stiff and extremely accurate. They are going to be every bit as good as the more expensive stocks in the accuracy department: great value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a medalist for a savage, I love it other than the slight misalignment in the bedding block. with the gun tightened down in the stock, I had less than a 16th of an inch on one side of the barrel channel and almost 1/4 inch on the other side. Kinda pissed me off. </div></div>

I had the exact same problem with two different B&C stocks. I guess it was shame on me for not learning the first time. Other than that it's a good stock.