• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell and Carlson stock

Re: Bell and Carlson stock

Save a little more and get a McMillan A series Tactical stock

http://www.mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-stocks-pricing.php

TACTICAL: A1-3, A-2, A-3, Adj. A-3, Adj. A3-5, A-4, A-5, Adj. A-5, *McHALE
BENCHREST: *MBR
HIGH POWER: Adj. 40X, Mod. 40X, BAKER SPECIAL, F-CLASS, PRONE
(cheekpiece, pad, studs, rail and other options available - see stock options)
FULL INLET (cheekpiece is extra)
(Full Inlet includes: action & barrel inlet & molded-in color)
*The MBR,McHale and A1-3 are not available with an adj. cheekpiece 498.00

http://www.mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-stocks-tactical-stock-list.php#a5

I have a couple B&C a-5 stocks and a McMillan A-5 ( all on Rem 700's )
Both are great stocks. The B&C is much heavier but is half the price. I found I needed to skim bed the B&C to get really good accuracy. I prefer the feel of the McMillian. But i don't think one out shoots the other ( when properly bedded)

I have the Light Tactical on my work rifle. It's great out of the box. The bedding block is accurate enough hat I can remove the action from the stock for maintenance, then reinstall and retorque and still be zeroed.

No skim bedding needed.

I like the ergonomics enough that I bought a second one for my .300WM project.

I have used and like McMillan stocks, but I see no need to replace this stock. I do believe the current B&C tactical stocks rand above H&S in fit, finish and durability.

I have an A5 for my 700 and I like it a lot (for the $360 I paid). Never had a problem losing zero when removing the action (using a torque wrench to put it back on of course).

They are GREAT stocks. If you dont need adjustability, you can go with the A2 and save about half. Either route is good though. i have 3 B&C stocks on my rifles and like every one. i have a a2 on my 22-250imp and without bedding im shooting 1/3-1/4" groups @100 yards, no BS. They are not the same as a mcmillan, but they are still GREAT stocks considering the price (and no wait time) also check out stockystocks.com they have a lot in stock.

My B&C light tactical has been great. Fit, finish and repeatabilty has been issue free. Worth far more than the price and the perfect first upgrade for my SPS-T.

Have a B&C on a 18" savage 10FP works great great, but i love my A4 it feels better hands down.

Check it out - the new les Baer tactical uses the B&C stock.

http://www.lesbaer.com/boltaction.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Country DeVil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone have any input on a bell and carlson stock? I have a rem 700 vtr and I am thinking about getting this stock.

shooters discount

also I am a lefty
thanks

</div></div>

My good friend and I both have B & C A2 s. they are good stocks especially for around $200. I had a little bit of fitment issue on my 700 but it ended up being my recoil lug. my buddies fit his 10FP with no issues

Here's mine - totally happy with it, no complaints

Rifle8252007.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Country DeVil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone have any input on a bell and carlson stock? I have a rem 700 vtr and I am thinking about getting this stock.

shooters discount

also I am a lefty
thanks

</div></div>

I have one on my remmy, I got it from redhawk rifles in CO. was 212.00 with shipping, Like they say, it is not a McMillan, but is a great stock. it improved my accuracy 100% from the tupperware stock that remmy puts on. I am going to have it skimmed, especially the recoil lug, I think that will help some more.

This is a Bell and Carlson too and I couldn't be happier with it at $125.00. It's an very close copy of the Mcmillan A1-3 stock, but without the finger groove in the forend. The rifle is a hammer in it too.
A1-3.JPG

I like the NV mount, how did you get it for 125, and do you have a link to the mount?

Thanks
Shay

Mines in my sig and helped my $260.00 inferior stevens 200 shoot that 5rd group in my sig at 100 yards. Also have hit a 6" disk at 900 two out of three shots at my last competition. Not bad for a budget rig in my opinion.

Great stock for the money. HUGE upgrade over tuperware stock.

Good luck,
Merritt

.......a good thing to have when the creeks rise and the banks over-flow

........for fucks sakes will someone please tell 'em to stop sending the retards here from barf15dotcom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.......a good thing to have when the creeks rise and the banks over-flow

........for fucks sakes will someone please tell 'em to stop sending the retards here from barf15dotcom. </div></div>

+1

Superb stock, not a McMillan, but gives up nothing in accuracy.

ACU1.jpg

Here is a couple pics of mine. Putting this stock on really reduced recoil and helped accuracy. Best 214.00 ever spent.

Remington 700 SPS in 308
B&C A2 stock (tan w/black web)
Bolt by AZ precision (here on the hide)
USO 20moa rail
USO anti-cant bubble
scope now is a Konus but shoping for a NF or a Zeiss

bubble007.jpg

bubble006.jpg

bubble005.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a Bell and Carlson too and I couldn't be happier with it at $125.00. It's an very close copy of the Mcmillan A1-3 stock, but without the finger groove in the forend. The rifle is a hammer in it too.
A1-3.JPG

</div></div>

That rifle is just purely beautiful. Was the stock duracoated in OD green?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I guess I'm torn between getting the a1 or the a3, but the a1 on the b&c website doesn't have the higher comb, or am I looking at the wrong stock?

Since someone mentioned the Les Baer, which I just read about in the latest Rifleman mag, I gotta say ...

I'm sure B&C is a fine stock for a Savage or a Howa or a 700 Varmint. But on a $3600 rifle? Daaaaayum.
crazy.gif

Does anyone have experience with the b&c a3?

Sure, what would you like to know. #2956 LT Tactical. There is one pictured above.

Here's my VTR in a B&C. Not a bad stock.. but I plan on selling it someday and moving up to a MCM

IMG_2402.jpg

I don't have experience with the B&C A5, but I just put an A2 on my SPS-V 308 and I love it. Helps reduce recoil and balances the front weight of the rifle some. As some have stated, it is a Manners, but it will get the job done if you dont plan on hitting it sideways against a tree.

sosicmcise what is the model # of that stock, thinking of building a m-40 clone for p-dogs hunting, i would like to save some $ in the stock and put that $ in my glass.
THX.

Just took my B&C A-2 stock and my rem 700 to Predator Custom to have it bedded. Can't wait to shoot it

What is the general consensus on the best DBM for a B&C???

I bought the A2 version from stockystocks and it is very good from ergonomics to aluminum block. Nothing bad about it for someone looking to get a good stock for an affordable amount of money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcimma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the general consensus on the best DBM for a B&C??? </div></div>

I went with the Wyatt DBM, you can get 5 or ten rounders, and, it is a drop in to the B&C stock system:

001-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-4.jpg

011-5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crockett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcimma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the general consensus on the best DBM for a B&C??? </div></div>

I went with the Wyatt DBM, you can get 5 or ten rounders, and, it is a drop in to the B&C stock system:
</div></div>

Same one I went with. Haven't used the 10's yet but have had no issues with the 5 rounders. Dropped right in my B&C A5

Rifle2.jpg

I've got a B&C A2 on the way for my VLS.

I'll post up pics once I get it mounted up. I've also got a 308 in a McM A5 so I'll be able to shoot them side by side and maybe put together a little review.