• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bell and Carlson??

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
I have a Remington sps varmint .308 that i am tacking out. I have got an awesome deal on a Bell and carlson varmint/tactical vertical grip stock. But i believe it is for a BDL i looked on stockystocks.com,and they are all like that. Do i have to change to BDL which is expensive, or are there other options. The ADL to BDL change that i have found is bout 190.00,and some more than that. I was looking to something else i can do because i am on a very tight budget with Christmas coming up.

Re: Bell and Carlson??

I just did the exact same thing to my SPS-V. Bought a BDL set up from a guy here for $50 and a B&C A2 stock--went together easily. Just keep a lookout for the bottom metal and screws and magazine box that someone is replacing and it'll be no problem. Good Luck.

Gasmann

+1 on what Gasman said. Another route if you want DBM without blowing a car payment is the Kwik Klip conversion. They are like $90 and you can get 5 and 10 round detachable mags. The bottom metal is aluminum, but at 50-75% cheaper than most its an economical to get the "Tactical" look without the high speed price. I think some shooters on here have used and reviewed them, do a search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kejones1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kwik clips are long action only not for .308 </div></div>

Shoot! I forgot about that. We stick with LA 700's for the versatility. But you should still be able to find some cheap BDL bottom metal on here.