• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bench Lighting

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Working on my new reloading area--its lit by a single bulb. Es no bueno.

Does anyone have suggestions for good lights that are adjustable, or should I just get the big LED/Floresent Overhead at my local Big Box Store--I saw they were about 60 bucks, plugged in and had chains to hang from (this will go in unfinished basement area). In line Fabriciation had LED lights per press, which is one nice thing, but that bench get used for a lot of other things, and I could use extra light photons.

+1 for LED.
I like to have at least one set of lights sort of "out front" of me. I get tired of the shadows created when all of the light is above/behind me.
I also use one of THESE on a regular basis. Super handy.

Reactions: DocRDS and simonp
I installed 9 of those led's that look like a "winged starwars ship"......the ones I bought at menards, about $13 each have 3 or 5 adjustable panels of light and plug into a standard light bulb socket....Frink'in gotta wear shades reloading now. -20 outside, I work on my tan and load some pew pews.

Reactions: DocRDS
I have one of these on the reloading bench. Has a regular bulb and a halogen halo style light. Can move it just about anywhere over my bench
496E0404-4B18-43AE-BE21-3C90B0180448.jpeg

Reactions: DocRDS
If you are of a certain age, I would add a magnifier light as well. So much easier on my tired old eyes.

It doesn't replace additional light, you just pull it over when you need to do a close up inspection on something tiny.

1675201385923.png

Some t8 Led lights in an old floresentt fixture with the ballast removed work pretty well. Another thing that helps light up an area is hanging drywall and painting it white. 🤣 🤣 🤣 I have seen 4 and 6 bulb fixtures for them as well. 2, 2 bulb fixtures light up my garage well. It is about 14x20 with a 10ft ceiling.

Ive got a pair of two foot LED that have a high low setting and a four footer over the other part of the bench. they are mounted on flat steel tabs that are screwed into the top shelf. The light is close and bright without being in the way.
0210212313_HDR.jpg

Reactions: acudaowner
If you are of a certain age, I would add a magnifier light as well. So much easier on my tired old eyes.

It doesn't replace additional light, you just pull it over when you need to do a close up inspection on something tiny.

View attachment 8063163
Hell, I'm not even in my 40s and don't need glasses and I still have and use these in my gun room and in the shop. Sure does help when dealing with small parts.

Reactions: SDGator
all of the above are good options

an led strip light hanging above the front of the bench so you don't get shadows is almost a must

one of these lights can take the place of the kms press lights and work on any press that might not have light kits available , it has a magnetic base that will latch right onto a press or mount and then you can flex the head right where you need extra light

awesome light

1675238789719.png

6000 watt heating lamp you could work on that tan while reloading lol

LED strip lights.
There's Bluetooth controllable ones if you wanna get super Gucci.

Attachments

• 5adebde5-29c3-4ee8-aae5-c2aeb28ff296.5a076a4e279a491b9e4683586ae491cb.png
    5adebde5-29c3-4ee8-aae5-c2aeb28ff296.5a076a4e279a491b9e4683586ae491cb.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 23