• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BENCH RESTS

Tango2249

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2010
Can you guys recommend some good shooting rests/bags for bench shooting? I know blackhawk made a nice rest/bag for shooting off the bench. I currently use a Caldwell Rock Front Shooting Rest but I'm thinking about trying something new. This is a great forum...very informative and the members are extremely helpful. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Tango2249

Re: BENCH RESTS

For rear bags, edgewood and protektor make some really nice ones. I have a protektor and its awesome.

For front rests, I have a caldwell BR and it works great for what I use it for. They are great for the money they cost. Some of the benchrest front rests can get really pricey... like the farleys and sinclair front rests are damn near 900 bucks.

Look in the Sinclair catalog for ideas; they make a front rest for just about every application. If you are going to shoot competitive benchrest look in the direction of JJ Loh, Farley or at Sinclair's version of the JJ Loh rest, or if you can find one a Bald Eagle slingshot front rest. I see a lot of Hart rests for the light 1000 yard BR guns and they seem to have the most elevation but not a lot of fancy stuff. I have had all that I have mentioned but the one I kept going back too is the Bald Eagle Slingshot.

Many people at high levels are doing just fine with the Caldwell Rock. Unless you really are competing in Benchrest or just really want a different rest I can't see any benefit.(BTW I have the Caldwell Rock, old model Seb, and JJ.)

Sinclair as stated above, make some fantastic rests.

Are you after a windage/elevation type rest or a coaxial joystick rest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For rear bags, edgewood and protektor make some really nice ones. I have a protektor and its awesome.

For front rests, I have a caldwell BR and it works great for what I use it for. They are great for the money they cost. Some of the benchrest front rests can get really pricey... like the farleys and sinclair front rests are damn near 900 bucks. </div></div>

I'm going to be shooting mainly 100-300 yards with a Remington 700P LTR. I have a Harris BRM-S bipod and will be shooting mostly off the bench. The Protektor rear bag rests look very nice. What size would you go with for shooting with a bipod? I see they come in different sizes.