• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Benders Random Photo Thread

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    I bought a new camera. I am here to inflict my novice images upon you all.
    D85F2002-49B9-4157-9BDD-00CDC53F7BC6.jpeg
    B3B28B79-6030-4570-ACB7-ECE1A336D9C7.jpeg
    2D2688F3-2F23-49F3-B937-764CF4761F0D.jpeg

Hey Bender, Congrats, you'll love the Fuji !

Here's mine, love this setup;

Attachments

• 14FAF5CF-4327-472B-86E6-DA8819282D17.jpeg
      14FAF5CF-4327-472B-86E6-DA8819282D17.jpeg
      73.5 KB · Views: 48
    • 149CF5AB-64FA-4C3A-B897-31A5DF4D8829.jpeg
      149CF5AB-64FA-4C3A-B897-31A5DF4D8829.jpeg
      77.9 KB · Views: 47
    • 3717FE88-8B61-4DD7-8BA5-7185E7F9F759.jpeg
      3717FE88-8B61-4DD7-8BA5-7185E7F9F759.jpeg
      81 KB · Views: 47
    Im down Cape Cod.

My ten plus year old Olympus is dying.

Im considering teh Fuji line with their retro looks.

This...

1598049224367.png

or this

1598049363589.png

even this...

1598049426431.png

with one of these style cases....

1598049535921.png

calls to my soul.

Ive sent the bat light out to @cameraland in hopes they have a demo model or great sale.

• Love
    Reactions: Mr. Z and Bender
    The Fuji rangefinder look is timeless! I picked up the X-E3. It’s recently discontinued but still new in stock. It has the same sensor as the newest XT3 just in a smaller package with “less” features. It still will do more than I’ll ever mess with!

Im down Cape Cod.

My ten plus year old Olympus is dying.

Im considering teh Fuji line with their retro looks.

This...

View attachment 7404675

or this

View attachment 7404687

even this...

View attachment 7404688

with one of these style cases....

View attachment 7404692

calls to my soul.

Ive sent the bat light out to @cameraland in hopes they have a demo model or great sale.
    I've never owned a Leica body, but I've owned Leica lenses, which are stunning. Fuji glass comes very, very close. For a whole bunch less money.

Reactions: Bender
    The Fuji rangefinder look is timeless! I picked up the X-E3. It’s recently discontinued but still new in stock. It has the same sensor as the newest XT3 just in a smaller package with “less” features. It still will do more than I’ll ever mess with!
    Buy/download a copy of Iridient Developer for processing RAW and JPEG files, it's pretty good.

Good choice, those little Fuji's a very capable cameras. (y)

Well, you said random...so, I took this picture in...oh, '78 I'm pretty sure. Enroute from Clark AFB to Kadena AFB for training TDY. Dang, I that was so long ago I can almost see the biplane double wings! haha

View attachment 7404706

I know thats a trainer of some sort but it is very F-5/F-20 Tigersharkesque. Beautiful airplane.

Why was the F20 such a non starter. It has the look of being a bad ass but seesm it was just never enough.

Last edited:
    I know thats a trainer of some sort but it is very F-5/F-20 Tigersharkesque. Beautiful airplane.

Why was the F20 such a non starter. It has the look of being a bad ass but seesm it was just never enough.
    We had mostly F-5’s in the squadron and four T-38’s as shown. All in various Warsaw Pac camo. Used as adversary’s.

Looong time ago.

F-20 lost to F-16.

Reactions: pmclaine
    Fuji's are very underrated in the industry. I had Canikon and was never really happy with either of them. I knew what I wanted, I just didn't know who had it until I bought my first Fuji. Their lenses are just spectacular. I had a 90mm Leica Summikron M that I Frankensteined onto a Sony A7R. The Summicron M produced ever so slightly more vivid pics, but my Fuji 16-55 and 50-140's are so, so close.
    It was a PITA though, because when you marry one manufacturer's lens to another manufacturer's body, most of the time you lose autofocus and all the information from the lens that would otherwise accompany each shot. This was because the Novoflex lens to body adapter didn't pass the information through. Plus, the Leica lens info format wasn't compatible with the Sony body. I sold the Leica/Sony setup and bought Fuji. Haven't looked back.

_DSF0271.jpg

Zugspitze, Grainau, Germany.

Last edited:
    We had mostly F-5’s in the squadron and four T-38’s as shown. All in various Warsaw Pac camo. Used as adversary’s.

Looong time ago.

F-20 lost to F-16.
    They were still flying F5's for OPFOR training at MCAS Yuma when I left in 2011.

A couple of our rotary wing guys were still in the reserves there and flew them on thier training days.

They were still flying F5's for OPFOR training at MCAS Yuma when I left in 2011.

A couple of our rotary wing guys were still in the reserves there and flew them on thier training days.
    Wow, the USAF Aggressors were, I believe, disbanded (well after my time) and then reconstituted later with F-16s as the adversary platform.

F-5's only had ranging radar for the gun reticle and really couldn't continue to emulate modern adversary tactics (no angle tracking radar capability...so, no AIM-9 shots). Really was intended to emulate VN era tactics that came out of the Aceval/Aimval analysis which found that most engagements degraded into a visual dogfight (like WW I, right). But remember, we are talking....for the most part....McNamara's F-4 with a fire control system that worked....well, sometimes....a radar range gate that could be fooled....and engines that smoked until in afterburner (unlike the Navy's which were smokeless). I always wondered which one of McNamara's boy genius accounts decided on an engine that smoked to the point you could pick them up at 20 miles.

For this, the F-5 was excellent

But listening to F-4 jocks whining about the disappearing the F-5 would do when it pulled nose toward you was just wonderful. Now you see us, now you don't! haha

Last edited:
    Makes me want a nice camera now. My iPhone does ok. But a dedicated unit would be much better.

My fiancé and I’s Border Collies.
    Left is AKC show bred, right is whatever the dedicated herding line is called according to her.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

8F3C07F2-A071-48D0-81D9-DB8E3D3F5D86.jpeg

This thing is seriously like cheating. Straight JPG export. No software after the fact.
    Fuji does a really good job with "out of camera" JPEG's. Their in camera white balance detection/implementation is a little funky sometimes. I mostly do landscapes and If I'm lining up a shot and it looks weird, I'll just go in and manually set it to where I want. Or, I can clean it up in Iridient Developer after the fact.

Fuji does a really good job with "out of camera" JPEG's. Their in camera white balance detection/implementation is a little funky sometimes. I mostly do landscapes and If I'm lining up a shot and it looks weird, I'll just go in and manually set it to where I want. Or, I can clean it up in Iridient Developer after the fact.
    I just play with the film simulation until I think it looks good then shoot. I can under/over expose with my thumb dial but haven’t needed too. I love shooting pics. I’m not a tweaker. Just like I hate reloading bullets, this is a lot more “affordable” until I start making prints as gifts. Lol

Last edited:
    Reactions: Threadcutter308
    until I start making prints as gifts. Lol
    Costco......Not that they are tops, but unless you want to do heirloom prints, they are fast, high quality and very reasonably priced.

There's an outfit in San Francisco by the airport that sells matte borders that is also very reasonably priced. It's been a while and I don't remember their name. I'll try to dig it up/post it up.

Last edited: