• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benefit raffle

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
I thought I would share some info about a raffle I'm running for my nephew, Ethan Harrison McCullin. He was born Sept 9th 2009 with severe medical problems and is still in NICU. Even with his medical problems, he is the happiest little kid I've ever seen. I don't really have room to explain what's going on with him, but you can check out his Facebook page. His parents, my brother & his wife, are basically living at the hospital. I don't want to know what their bills look like. The idea of a raffle was suggested and I took it and ran with it. We have a new 870 Express Tactical with an extra 28" barrel. The gun was Duracoated AUG green by a friend. I'm making a tactical/ utility fixed blade knife to go with it. A friend donated a nice soft case for the gun. We also have a Haydel duck call to go with it. I'm not asking anybody on here for anything but prayers for my nephew and his parents. As you can guess, they are terrified. If anybody does want a ticket, PM or email me and I will get you payment info. Thanks in advance for the prayers.
30654_133326936678018_1198817813558.jpg

Ethans870.jpg

Re: Benefit raffle

I bought four.

Rest of you guys get off your butts and pony up!

Thanks eveybody for the ticket purchases and thanks to Tburkes for the donation of the TAB GEAR Rifle Sling, Rear Bag, and Shooting Mat! I've told my brother & our Mom about this and they are shocked. To eveybody who wants tickets, I will get them out to you as soon as possible.
One more thing, here's a pic of me with Ethan. This was the 1st time I was able to hold him about 2mos ago.
grin.gif

045.jpg

One more thing. I don't need to mail anyone their ticket stub. Your info will be on the stub that's placed in the pot. I can gladly mail them to you if you want. It's up to you.
img005.jpg

I'm in, I'll PM in just a few seconds. I wish lil ninjee nothing but the best!

-Pat

Thanks to everybody for buying nearly 100 tickets since I've started this thread! I hope I run out and have to print some more. Some of you might be interested to know that there is a second place prize involving rock music, food & alcohol
grin.gif

Thanks for the response to this, I really appreciate it. I still have some tickets. Anybody else want to help a tough little kid and get a chance at winning some new toys?
28504_129314723745906_1198817813-1.jpg

Update on Ethan. He was on a T-piece for 10 minutes today ... This means he was off the ventilator & it was just giving him oxygen. He did very well
grin.gif
. Me and his Dad will have him on the range before you know it! The prayers are helping!!!!
IMG_0066.jpg

I'm asking for a little help here. Ethan is in desperate need of a Model LTV 1150 ventilator. They're trying to get him home. They can't find anyone in the Shreveport,LA area to rent or maintain one. If anyone out there knows how they could get a ventilator besides going to New Orleans or Dallas, please let me know or email my brother, Nathan (Ethan's Dad) at [email protected]. I want my nephew to go home!!!!!!
This is what they need for him: http://www.viasyshealthcare.com/prod_serv/prodDetail.aspx?config=ps_prodDtl&prodID=21

Kevin,

Try Baycare Home Care

http://www.tampabayrobots.com/baybody.cfm?id=145

This outfit is big and growing in our market. I would think that they could help you if you can't find a similar service in your area. I installed the doors in their HQ offices and warehouse in Largo, Fl, 5 years ago. It was a great project because they are huge and there are assloads of doors there!

It is a growth industry as more and more of us live longer and seek to tend to our health at home. This trend is surely ongoing across the south as anyone with a brain appreciates the awesomeness of the sunny south and the amazing accents of the people who live here.

Even if they are Saints Fans!
laugh.gif

Good luck Kevin, I bet you all are extremely proud of that little scrapper!

Thanks for the info, I'll forward the link to them. We are proud of him. He hasn't been feeling worth a damn the last couple of days though. They're not sure what's going on, but as of last night he was a little better.

Ethan Harrison McCullin will be missed

This is one of the worst days of my life. My nephew Ethan Harrison McCullin passed away this morning. He was one of the toughest little boys I've known. He fought as long as he could. He's better off than we are. Please pray for my family. Ethan, I love you and miss you.

Re: Ethan Harrison McCullin will be missed

km71107--I'm sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers inbound.

Seemed like a helluva nephew...

Ethan, you, and the entire family are in my thoughts.
I am truly sorry for your loss.
Godspeed, young Ethan. You fought with all you had. Rest in peace.

I'm sorry for your loss. He was a brave and tenacious little guy. The world's loss is Heaven's gain.

I'll pray for the comfort of your family.

Sorry for you and your familys loss....my thoughts ad prayersare with you...

He put up a good fight. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Prayers go out to you and your family.

Very sorry for your familys lost. Prayers sent for you and the family.

Kevin,

We are very sorry for the loss of that wonderful baby boy. I can only imagine the depth of your pain and that of your brother and his wife.

I was so looking foward to updates on little Ethan's progress; that smile of his had me believing he would win this fight.

Stay strong and know he is in the thoughts and prayers of myself and many thousands of others who will remember this little boy for the joy and inspiration he offered to those of us fortunate enough to learn of Ethan McCullin and his struggles.

Thank you for letting us know.

Sorry , I PM'd you before I read this to the bitter end . I am still interested in sending along some cash to help your family out .

Queequeg, we hoped and prayed he would win too. Maybe he did though. He's not in pain anymore and he's better off than we are. We don't know why he was sent to us, but he made a difference in the lives of everybody who knew about him. Thanks to everybody who did anything, & PLEASE go hug your kids, nephews & nieces. Tell them you love them. Gotta go, it's hard to type right now
frown.gif

Prayers sent - I posted on the other link but seeing the pictures chokes me up...

He did look like a happy kid.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I would still like to donate if it would help the family - please put a post up soon if there's something we can do - gotta take care of our own.

Ethan Harrison McCullin raffle

The raffle is coming up soon. I have one request of the winner. That is to take the shotgun duck hunting at least once. We had plans for Ethan to be our little duck hunting buddy. I would love for the gun to make at least one trip to the duck blind in his memory. We would love to see pics too. Good luck to everybody who bought tickets & thanks to everybody who did anything to help with thoughts, prayers, money or all of the above.

Re: Ethan Harrison McCullin raffle

The raffle was a big success, we raised over $6000. Congratulations to first prize winner Tyler Devillier and second prize winner Josh Moore. Tyler is a very deserving young man and I'm sure he will enjoy his new shotgun. Josh was thrilled about his shirt, wine, CD & muffeletta mix. We can not thank everyone enough for all of the love and support for Ethan and his parents. Thanks to everyone who donated their time and prizes for the raffle. Thank you once again to everyone who bought raffle tickets.
Stay tuned for another raffle with all proceeds going to Hal Sutton Childrens Hospital in Shreveport, LA. They did so much to help Ethan, we want to give something back.

Re: Ethan Harrison McCullin raffle

I'm in.
"Stay tuned for another raffle with all proceeds going to Hal Sutton Childrens Hospital in Shreveport, LA. They did so much to help Ethan, we want to give something back."