• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benelli M4 Collapsible Stocks

Zoomie

Mr. Nobody
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2010
Behind the Hesco
Just for the record. If you are LE/Gov. the Benelli M4 Collapsible stock will cost you about $150/$160.

Look around and you will find that price- not the $300-$600 ripoff price. No, not even the $250 "Great Deal!" is "great".

Even if you are not LE/GOV. these prices are coming down and can be received in the right situation.

IMHO, Benelli is getting and undeserved bad reputation in the secondary parts market from often unscrupulous people looking to make a killing. That sucks and hurts every Benelli shooter.

/rant.

Re: Benelli M4 Collapsible Stocks

Well since its an imported weapon your also gonna need USA made parts to be 922r compliant

Well, if the only addition I am making is the collapsible stock (meaning the round count is already within proscribed limits), how does adding the stock put me out of compliance with 922r?

What "parts" related to the stock do I need to buy to be compliant?

Going one step further on this, I am swapping Benelli parts for Benelli parts which are in the original count. Not sure how 922r becomes an issue here...

Benelli forum is a good place to start. I dont think all the parts are ready from us manufacturers to make it compliant with cs stock

Magazine tube, forearm, recoil spring & follower, should be getting pretty darned close.

The trick is to get a certain number of parts that are US produced so it qualifies as a US manufactured weapon. It is not legal as per 922r to manufacture a banned firearm. 922r only applies to imported weapons not domestically produced firearms.

Replacing a Benelli part with a Benelli part does not count for US manufacture in fact installing a collapsible stock violates 922r

The Benelli forums has much more detail as to what is in and what is out.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/17-Benelli

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoomie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going one step further on this, I am swapping Benelli parts for Benelli parts which are in the original count. Not sure how 922r becomes an issue here... </div></div>

Parts for parts is NOT the issue.

You are swapping FOREIGN-made parts for FOREIGN-made parts and adding so-called "evil features" like extended mag tubes, collapsible stocks, etc. which run afoul of 922r compliance. By adding the collapsible stock, you go from being able to have 13 foreign parts to only have 10 foreign parts. Also, since the collapsible stock counts as 2 parts...you have also effectively INCRESED your foreign parts by +1! The short answer is that by adding any "evil" feature to the gun you have to get your US parts count UP and foreign parts count DOWN to comply with the law. Failure to do so results in violations of federal law and can land you 10yrs and around a $250k fine (give or take)
wink.gif
which I am sure you don't want/need!

IF you are Mil/LE, you can get around the issue, but if you are a private citizen, you could very well have some SERIOUS legal problems. Mil/LE, with letterhead to purchase and to own, can get the c-stocks and install them without issue.

The Benelli forum link previously provided to you will get you on the right track with compliance. At this time, however, I don't think that there are a sufficient number of US-made "compliance" parts. There are numerous products in the works including trigger units from Giesselle, etc., etc. Until then...whatever you do...be wary of taking advice from the naysayers along the lines of "oh who gives a $@HT???!!! 922r compliance is never enforced...is a secondary offense...nobody cares if your foreign-made shotgun isn't compliant with that 'stupid' law, etc." This is especially true for you since you live in NY where you may encounter more folks that will notice/care/call you out on an "illegally configured" firearm versus you being in the middle of Nowhere, US, and being able to bend/break the rules. Any way about it...keep it LEGAL is a good motto to follow!!

Guess I'm fucked, as my M4 has collapsable stock (Benelli), Daves full tube, and full rails...oh well, come get me.

It's time to fly out of NY.

So the OEM Benelli M4 collapsible stock is basically a tip-off to check if you are "authorized". Meanwhile I can buy the Urbino (US) and all is good?

Maybe the world did end yesterday- because with stupid crap like this- it sure sounds like we are living out of the universe.

Yeah, and my original post still stands. $150/$160 for the M4 collapsible from Benelli. Where do people get off charging up to $600?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoomie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's time to fly out of NY.

So the OEM Benelli M4 collapsible stock is basically a tip-off to check if you are "authorized". Meanwhile I can buy the Urbino (US) and all is good?</div></div>

Yes...you can add a Mesa Tactical Urbino stock without any problems because: 1) the Urbino is a FIXED stock which has no impact on 922r issues (you aren't adding "evil" features like collapsibility of your stock, an extended mag tube, bayonet lug, etc., etc.); and 2) it is a US-made stock so all you have done is replace the fixed Benelli PG stock with a fixed US-made PG stock which actually lowers your foreign parts count and increases your US-made parts count.

922r is a US law, where you live in these United States is a moot point, but you should move out of NY ASAP, no offense to our police brothers but very few are going to know WTF 922r is, but it only takes 1 and your 2nd Ammendment rights will be terminated, Google 922r Benelli M4, you will find all the US compliant parts, get them first and then get your stock, you have a fine scatter gun, my HK M1S90 is jealous.

I have always wanted an M4, but the insane prices for the correct stock have kept me happy with the M1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess I'm fucked, as my M4 has collapsable stock (Benelli), Daves full tube, and full rails...oh well, come get me. </div></div>

This is about the attitude I had with my Saiga 12 when I converted it. I believe the number of parts in it are 'compliant' but only due to me wanting a certain setup. The compliance was luck and very secondary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoomie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, and my original post still stands. $150/$160 for the M4 collapsible from Benelli. Where do people get off charging up to $600? </div></div>

Because some people just want want want and have more money than time to research the pricing. Search the forums, benelli forum, and you'll find a guy who will sell a new in the box c-stock for less than $200 shipped if I remember correctly.

To do the mag tube and the c-stock you'll need to wait a little while longer until the US made trigger groups come out as mentioned earlier in this thread. Or just go with the Urbino and mag tube. I'm seriously considering getting an Urbino instead of installing the c-stock that I bought as I wait for the triggers to come out. Fun shotgun though, congrats on your purchase regardless of if it's a recent or old purchase.

Just for the record. If you are LE/Gov. the Benelli M4 Collapsible stock will cost you about $150/$160.

Look around and you will find that price- not the $300-$600 ripoff price. No, not even the $250 "Great Deal!" is "great".

Even if you are not LE/GOV. these prices are coming down and can be received in the right situation.

IMHO, Benelli is getting and undeserved bad reputation in the secondary parts market from often unscrupulous people looking to make a killing. That sucks and hurts every Benelli shooter.

/rant.
Not anymore lol

All of that nonsense is why I got a Beretta 1301. Meets all my needs so I can just leave it stock.