• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Warowl

Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
Hey guys,

So I am looking at getting an m4 and just had a few questions.

I have been trying to research the stocks to make it adjustable if I wanted to down the line, and it seems like certain models have a recoil tube that will not allow it to be adjustable. I just wanted to confirm if I understood this right or if all models can be made adjustable.

I have seen there is a desert camo, m1014 edition, and a standard edition m4. Which of these woild you guys recommend? I like to buy guns I will use but are a little out of ordinary.

Thanks

Reactions: FiggyFig
First thing with the Benelli is that if you change anything from stock you have to make sure you are in 922R compliance for US vs. Imported parts. You can check out Freedom Fighter Tactical, they have good videos explaining.

Ive not seen the Camo, but they make H2O versions with corrosion resistance.

I live in the Constitution State, so of course, I cannot have an evil folding stock, but I did replace mine with the Mesa Tactical buttstock to shorten the very long length of pull.
m4.jpg

Reactions: crackerbrown
You can buy them with the collapsible stock already on and they are 922 compliant. That’s how I ordered mine new off of gunbroker. Ended up putting the titanium one piece tube on as well

Dshapp44, they are legal for LEO/Military, but if you are not either, to be sure you may want to look into the Federal 922R compliance with the collapsible stock option from factory, LEO may be model 11721? I'm not an expert by any means but it may be easy to buy a weapon not in compliance and not many people are well versed in 922R from my experience when first buying our M4's.

Dshapp44, they are legal for LEO/Military, but if you are not either, to be sure you may want to look into the Federal 922R compliance with the collapsible stock option from factory, LEO may be model 11721? I'm not an expert by any means but it may be easy to buy a weapon not in compliance and not many people are well versed in 922R from my experience when first buying our M4's.

I’ll have to look into it as the only piece I know is you need a certain number of parts to be USA made. I made the wrong assumption since it was bought from a gun store and shipped thru my FFl that it would have been compliant. Since I replaced the tube and followed I may just buy a new trigger pack to error on the side of caution. Thank for the heads up.

Happy to help Dschapp44, it is very confusing, and lol you know that the collapsible stock counts for 2 parts. but the normal stock counts as one... So you if have the Tube and follower, you may need 3-4 more parts, the US duplicate forend is easy and counts as one. Freedom Fighter Tactical is a great resource and I believe you can even give them a call and they will help out with easiest options.

Reactions: Dschapp44
These items might be helpful. My M4 14" Entry with 3-position stock is one of my favorites to change configurations

Picture 5 copy.png

Benelli M4 Super 90 922(R) Compliance Algorithm copy.png
DSCN2155A copy.jpg
IMG_0126 copy.JPG

Reactions: rob203
Are there any upgrades you almost have to make to the M4? Like a new trigger is needed on a SCAR

Warowl, No not really, it is pretty awesome as is, most people want to lengthen the tube from 5 to 7 rounds. That's generally why they must dive into the murky world of 922R.

If I remember it correctly, you are allowed 10 parts but Benelli is able to ship them with 14, screwing things up when they are no longer "Factory" meaning change tube and/or Collapsible stock.

Strikeeagle1, is that a Freedom Fighter charging handle? If so is it much looser than the OEM? I replaced ours and they feel loose.

Last edited:
"I have seen there is a desert camo, m1014 edition "

I saw one of these and I was tempted to buy it... great looking gun

The issue with Camo is getting things to match and not stand out- different stock
Cheek Riser
Optics

and the desert camo I saw felt more like Gulf war 1 camo...

The most common modifications are enlarging the controls.....oversize safety button, oversize bolt release, oversize charging handle.
Secondary modificiations are usually increasing magazine tube capacity, adding more rail real estate, light mounts, red dot optics.

^^^"Replaced it" with what ?

The charging handle options are: "Spinner means it freely rotates on its axle, which I don't like; you can see its design has a circumferential clearance on the axle where the retaining plunger engages the axle, whereas the others have detents.
You are welcome.

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 6.04.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 6.04.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 6.05.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 6.05.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 6.12.01 PM.png

Last edited: