• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benelli shotgun question...

I know this is a Shotgun question but I need to ask your opinion and im not sure where to list this question.

what do you think of the Benelli Supernova in 12 ga?
reliable? good value? shoddy construction? feed problems?

I am looking at maybe getting one for between $450 and $500. it looks to be in good condition from what i can tell.

I am just hoping to hear that that gun really sucks or is the best thing since sliced bread.

thank you!

Re: Benelli shotgun question...

I think they are bulky and feel cheap.That being said,I'm sure they work fine. Benelli is my first choice for semi-autos, but for a pump, it's an Rem 870 for me.

I have a nova, got a steal on it. I love shooting it. Points and shoulders good, don't plan on buying a slug barrel for it though, cuz those damn things cost as much as a gun.....

I don't know about cheap. A mossberg 500 feels cheap. I've never had an issue w/ my nova, and I've put a lot of rounds through it, on trap/skeet and dove hunting. I feel like i can cycle the nova faster than my 870's. I know several guys that turkey hunt and duck/goose hunt w/ them. Generally, what i've heard too, is that even though they chamber 3 1/2" shells, they don't pattern them very well. No problems w/ 2 3/4" and 3" shells.

Benelli, also offers a mercury tube for the buttstock if you plan on shooting lots of heavy loads. Also, i like the fact that you can take the whole gun down without any tools, there's a nipple on the magazine cap that you use to push the receiver pins out, the same cap has a lip on the inside that you use to catch the pins and pull them all the way out, then the bolt comes right out (its sits in a set of rails) you can have the thing broke down in just a couple minutes.

Anyway, might be worth shooting one before you buy it, to see how you like it. My 870's don't' get shot much since i bought my nova. it's my go to for birds.

Love mine! Bought it for duck/goose hunting in muddy/flooded fields. I have never had one problem from it. Very easy to clean and has always gone bang. And I have beat the shit out of it.

If you are going to be shooting 3 1/2" shells the mercury but stock recoil kit helps out.

Buy it!

I have a super black eagle II and it's a fantistic gun, use it for hunting but I did have both the Nova and supernova first that they were also great, never a problem, easy to maintain and felt great to shoot. I dumped my Remington's years ago for Benelli and am glad I did.

I have 2 Benellis and 5 Berettas. No reservations about any of them.

Finally a field I know something about, and I'm too late! haha

Like the others have said, it's a great gun. I actually ran over my cousin's supernova with an f-150 a few years ago. I felt horrible until we picked it up and found nothing wrong with it! Loaded it, functioned perfectly. From then on I couldn't hold a conversation with him without hearing about my mistake! Until he did the same thing himself a few months later (he has since stopped leaning his gun against the truck haha) Again, functioned fine, and continues to do so. He's not a take-it-out-once-a-year type shooter, he uses it frequently. Duck, geese, grouse, pheasants, clays. It gets shot alot, and sometimes not in the best of conditions during duck and goose season.

Its a pump. Just like the 870 and Mossberg 500, if you have the strength to rack the slide, it will function. But now you'll be able to tell people you have a Benelli
grin.gif

I have a 26" Nova that I have used for hunting for over 12 years. They are a little "thick" but I love 'em. They fit me well and I enjoy the versatility of the 3 1/2 " chamber. I've hunted doves to geese and everything in between with it. It's robust and I like the ability to extract a round from the chamber and replace it while using the magazine cutoff.

I also have a SuperNova Tactical that I added a Mesa Tactical sidesaddle and Nordic components extended magazine tube to. It's our "go to" gun in the house. My wife doesn't feel confident using a handgun but she is an experienced shotgun shooter. Again, I am very happy with it