• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bent ammunition from moving

pharm762

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2010
Bensalem, PA
Hi guys, I was wondering what I should do if while moving homes I find some of my factory ammunition has some cases that are bent below the shoulder. It is crooked. Should I just dispose of them or is there some way to save them? Thank you

tempImageJ4UtaH.jpg
here is a pic for reference, but thank you for the feedback thus far

• Wow
Reactions: 1moaoff
Pull bullets, run through a mandrel die ensuring there's no decapping pin, pour powder back in, reseat bullet Do this one round at a time. The round on the right even looks like the bullet can be removed by hand since the case mouth looks oval. If you don't have any reloading equipment, you can try using the chamber of your rifle to straighten it as much as possible (it'll require some force) but it's likely the bullets will get mangled and it won't be remotely accurate.

Midway sells really cheap white boxes with a foam thing. After the time spent on match ammo loading, I really consider it an easy buy.

toss 'em. why risk an expensive rifle for a few dollars?

I also wouldn't spend any time to "fix" them. Not worth it to me. Especially since it is factory ammo, I wouldn't want 3 rounds which were "special". Even if they fire, there is almost nothing to be gained from firing them because now they don't match the rest of your rounds.

toss 'em. why risk an expensive rifle for a few dollars?

I also wouldn't spend any time to "fix" them. Not worth it to me. Especially since it is factory ammo, I wouldn't want 3 rounds which were "special". Even if they fire, there is almost nothing to be gained from firing them because now they don't match the rest of your rounds.
Maybe the gun is worth less than those 3 rounds...you dont know.

• Haha
Reactions: Crabcore