• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bent lapua brass .308

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
I have some .308 lapua brass i just got and some of the necks are bent inward since they were all piled into two big plastic bags and shipped. Can this be fixed? some are bent 50% of the way inward others are just slightly bent.

Re: bent lapua brass .308

Every batch of lapua brass I've gotten has a handful of bent necks.I dont think its from the shipping because they ship it jammed in boxes the same way.Either way its annoying but no big deal so far.If they are realy bent I put the bent side against a piece of wood and use a punch and tap it close to shape.Then I just run it through a FL die.

Lapua usually comes in boxes. In any case, it is perfectly normal to find some with tatered mouths. I just run them up into the resizing die just enough to kiss the expander and bring them back into round. You don't need lube for a kiss either!

Some completely resize them but I do not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lapua usually comes in boxes. In any case, it is perfectly normal to find some with tatered mouths. I just run them up into the resizing die just enough to kiss the expander and bring them back into round. You don't need lube for a kiss either!

Some completely resize them but I do not. </div></div>

Exactly. If the brass is folded over to far for the expander ball, I use a small metal rod to work the brass back out. Then I run it up into the expander ball for a kiss. I use these cases I've used the rod on for sighters/foulers, then they are GTG.