• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berated at private range

Re: Berated at private range

I have been taking my little girl to the range since she was 3 and she is now 6. She has a Cricket that we let her shoot at the 5 yard range until she gets bored with it. Its pretty much we hold everything and she looks through and pulls the trigger. Anyhow I have ran into this a couple of times but most of the time people have the common sense that if you take the mystique out of a firearm kids won't really play with them.. Its a crazy thing to see when other kids come over to play. I have an old 1873 hanging on the wall and they are mystified by it but my little girl is like meh its ok.

OP, Don't sweat it cause its clowns like you ran into that are ruining our Hobby.

I'm really surprised you guys let things go as long as they do. You definitely have more patience than I do to say the least. The first and only time I was harassed by a guy I told him to go f*#k his mother and he walked away, imagine that. Kind of overboard some may think but it felt like there was a gnat buzzing in my ear and every time I swatted it away the damn thing would come back.

Sounds like a good chance to teach your grandkids another lesson...........

"Those guys are douche bags, people don't like those..."

Sorry for your troubles. Sound like a couple of real losers....

You may take heart to know that not all ranges suffer fools like this. My home range encourages kids and we have a bbq and .22 shoot for them every other friday night. .22's, ammo and food are supplied by the club and members. The kids have an absolute blast.

Keep raising your grandchildren right, don't worry about a-holes like you encountered, and may these types of troubles be behind you.