• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Beretta 1301 Tactical Semi-Auto

Count VonFuhrman

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2018
Looking at this one and feedback. Anyone have one? Home defense and steel target shooting. Also good optic for rail. J131P18NLE Beretta 1301 Tactical Semi-Auto Pistol Grip Stock Mag Tube Ext. Rail & Sling Attachments

I've been looking in to the 1301 Comp recently, but also the 1301 in general.

I think you may find that multi-purpose isn't excellent at one thing. But it can be a bit more subjective dependent on your situation. I wouldn't though expect it to excel at both.

In my situation I was first curious about the tactical but then more wanted a shotgun for use for occasional trap shooting. When being honest with myself, wouldn't really have true intent to use the tactical for home defense instead of a pistol with a light on it. So that was how I ended up on the Comp version. For other specific use, the tactical would be a good fit. May end up with both down the road.

(Edited for clarity on multi-purpose vs specialized use after srt-4_uk's post)

Last edited:
You are talking 2 different things. Trap shooting with a cyl bore and ghost ring sights is never a winning combo. Shooting steel will be perfectly fine with it. I have both the comp and tactical. Both do different things. Both are great at their purpose.

I had a demo 1301 tactical very early shotgun. I ran the shit out of it and directly compared it to my Benelli m1 super 90 tactical. The 1301 was really good but the M1 was better in every respect but price. I also ended up breaking some of the plastic stuff on the gun like the bolt lock and the rear sight. After talking to Beretta about my experience it seems they found I was may have been correct because then later changed those parts. Unlikely from what I said but it was improved. I also got to run the 1301 comp gun. I much preferred the comp 1301 for really any sitch. Just me thoughts.

Time to buy was 4-5 years ago. I got my 1301 tac for $750. Granted, it wasnt the pistol grip version.

Last edited:
I have a 1301 comp and it's my favorite shotgun. It cycles everything and just flat out runs. It's also pretty soft and cycles fast. Don't have any experience with the tactical but from my understanding it's the same BLINK gas system.

Looking back, I had a quote for a 1301 Tactical Gen 1 for $799.20 in early May. Also a quote for a 1301 Comp for $964 at same time. I had seen on great deal on a Comp Pro for ~$1250 that I missed out on and kept looking to come back. But I caved at $1400 when I saw one finally show in stock. Will be picking it up tomorrow.

Last edited:
The gas system isnt the same between the comp and tactical. The length is different and the piston is too.

Just purchased a 1301 tactical last Friday. Definitely rape pricing going. Such it is with current supply vs demand. Can’t wait for it to get out of California’s stupid gun jail.

I've got a gen-2 marine model. Love the gun.

For such a light and compact gun its a pleasure to shoot. Its a pussycat with reduced recoil buck.

Zero malfunctions.

My only planned upgrades are a nordic components extended mag tube and possibly a erudis stock adapter-and thats mostly for looks, frankly.