• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beretta ARX-100 SBR

webvantage

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
Las Vegas
Thought i would share my most recent project, my ARX-100 SBR. So the rifle came with a 16" barrel and the accuracy was very disappointing, i wasnt expecting a 1 moa gun but a 3 moa gun has no place in my collection. I bought the rifle with the plan for it to be a SBR setup since Beretta already has a short barrel for the rifle that is supplied with some of the mil/le versions. I was told that Beretta was going to sell the short barrel 5.56 along with the other caliber barrels and conversion kits. Since the factory 16" barrel did not shoot to my liking i decided to cut that barrel down instead of waiting for the factory short barrel to go on sale "sometime in the future." There is now talk that Beretta may never sell the short barrel to civilians. I knew i might have some problems with the rifle cycling with the shorter barrel but i thought i would give it a go anyway. Well it turns out that the rifle will not cycle if you cut down the supplied 16" barrel, oh well. I have inquired with Beretta about getting the gas selector switch from the factory short barrel as i believe that is the only difference in the two gas systems. If that fails i will simply take the gas selector switch i have now to a machine shop and have it modified a little to work. The rifle will almost work with the factory gas system, i can sometimes get 2-3 shots off before it malfunctions. Its a cool rifle, very lite and very compact with the short barrel. I have not seen anyone try this before so i thought i would get some info out there for other people.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpg

Cheers