• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Beretta BM-59

MM_usnr

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2010
OH
Hi, new poster here. Don't know if this is the right place to ask so I am sorry if it isn't.

Have a chance to buy a Springfield/Beretta BM-59 semi-auto with 4-5 total original magazines. It is NIB unfired. What is a fair price for this rifle?

Thank you. Gary.

Re: Beretta BM-59

I find gunbroker is a good place to check current prices. I did a search and there were some on there, but I personally don't know what it's worth. I guess I wouldn't pay much more than I could get an M1A for, unless you are specifically interested in acquiring a BM-59.

Also, with gunbroker, make sure you're comparing actual completed auctions, not ones that are active.

Never heard of a Springfield/Beretta BM-59.

A NIB Beretta BM-59 made in Italy I'm sure would be a rare and unique collectors item. Most likely a pricey one at that. If the price doesn't set you way back might be worth an investment. Most likely to turn and sell and buy something that you can use w/o worrying about scuffing it. Just my .02 worth.

Some of the older salts here could tell you more about it. My thinking is that it was made prior to the M14. I could be wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mk4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A NIB Beretta BM-59 made in Italy I'm sure would be a rare and unique collectors item </div></div>

The BM59 is a very rare item even here in Italy ,

PP out

If it's nib, These are 2009 prices, they seem to go for $2000-$2500 with 1 mag.
The mags are $100 each new. If you can get this under $2000 it's a steal, go for it. SA inc BM59 rifles are few and far between.

Regards, Albert.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's nib, These are 2009 prices, they seem to go for $2000-$2500 with 1 mag.
The mags are $100 each new. If you can get this under $2000 it's a steal, go for it. SA inc BM59 rifles are few and far between.

Regards, Albert. </div></div>

Gentleman is right on. Not the best pic but below are my BM-59, BM-62 and AR-70. The BM-59 is all Italian parts built on a SA marked receiver as most BM-59s I have seen here are. The tricomp is awesome. Rifle is loaded with cool features like a winter trigger, rifle grenade launcher, grenade sight and guilotine trap door in buttstock that works as a cigar cutter in a pinch. Softest shooting 7.62 I've ever had. Mags are works of art but spendy. Snag it, you will not regret it and will never lose money on it.

warroom7.jpg

Thank you all for the feedback. This is not an Italian BM-59 it is a BM-59 built by Springfield Armory. Based on what the asking price is, it appears to be in line with the values here.

Thank you. Gary.

Got the rifle today and it is more than expected.

Everything is marked P Beretta with the receiver also marked as Springfield Armory. It appears that this rifle was made in Italy and imported to the US with a 000XXXX Serial Number. All 5 mags are stamped "PB".

Looks like this was a steal for the price. Thanks, Gary.

Wonderful find, please post pics if you get a chance. I would love to see this Italian work of art!

Nice rifle!

My friend has a registered select fire BM59 and it's a hoot to shoot.

Not very controllable but still fun. I've fired it both with the full stock and with a folder.

The winter trigger is pretty neat too.

One of my local dealers had one about 7 or 8 years ago. I saw it soon after he got it and asked how much he wanted for it. He said $2000. I said "I'll take it". To which he replied: "Wait a minute. I changed my mind. I want $3000 for it." Needless to say I walked away. This guy has a habit of changing prices on me when I agree to them too quickly. I've since learned how to deal with him...

Sorry for the hi-jack. It just brings back painful memories whenever I see a BM-59.

Good Snag! Wish I could find one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbhoover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonderful find, please post pics if you get a chance. I would love to see this Italian work of art! </div></div>

I will post pics soon. Thank you all for the quick responses which allowed me to buy this. It was a quick decision to make and clearly the right one.

Friend of mine has one in 7.62x51. Actually very pleasant to shoot. Id get it, the only down side is the mags are $$. Neat gun though...

The BM59 is everything and more than the Garand. It is what the Garand should have been or become (NOT the M14, as good as it was/is). If memory serves, SA imported them in the 80's.
Congrats and enjoy.

Guys, here are the pics. Everything on the case came with the gun. He even loaned me the case to bring it home since he didn't have the box. Told me to bring it back next time I was around (75 miles away).

The seller also gave me a battle pack of berdan primed brass cased ammo and a box of Federal GMM and 5.56 Tracer. You all would probably call me a thief if I told you what I got this for so I will just keep my mouth shut and enjoy.

PB1.JPG

PB2.JPG

PB3.JPG

Uh, brother, I think you scored BIG time. That is not the way mine is marked on the reciever. It seems you got the much rarer real deal all Beretta. Even your wood is beautiful.

My BM-62 reciever is marked like yours and is a machinist's joy to behold. Never saw a higher quality m-14 type rifle ever. Best of luck with it.
smile.gif

Phenomenal! You were very fortunate to score that package!!! Thanks for sharing with us and enjoy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I"ve always lusted after the BM59, I don't use the term much at all but they are sexy </div></div>

+1 I have always wanted one. Nice score!

Yep looks like you got the real deal. I've owned 3 models of thre BM 59 in the past all were marked with SA markings. Yours is probably worth quite abit more than the SA rifles if an original import from Italy.

So I recently inherited a full auto BM-59 never fired in the original box it was bought in its serial number is below 150 trying to get a idea of the value