• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara aftermarket options?

SNOW JW

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2018
With more & more Bergara being sold how long do you think before there are prefit options?

Also has anyone tore down one to see how it compares to others like Tikka as far as being true & tolerances?

You can send it to bergara to rebarreled for $500. Preferred barrel blanks says order their remage prefit for a bergara but I'd like to see that validated.

Do they offer a headspace guarantee for barrel spinners to even be able to offer a prefit?

Not sure how they can but you can send to them to install. I like to think they'd do it right

That’s not a prefit.

Preface-I don't have any dircet knowledge of how Bergara tolerances their actions, any assembly should be checked for proper headspace before use.

I have a feeling we'll find out soon enough that they are capable of using prefits. There's another thread on here somewhere where someone had purchased a premier action bolt to go into his HMR. Bergara sold him the bolt and said it would drop right in. If that's all true it stands to reason that at the very least their bolt heads are held to an interchangeable dimension, at that point they may as well do the same for barrel and receiver. Also it would make it easier on them to produce. Much more straight forward to machine thread and chamber all in one go to a specific dimension than it is to do multiple separate op's and hand fit each action they produce. All assuming they have modern turning centers capable of the tolerances, which I'm assuming they do. Just a matter of doing some QC and potential adjustments before it comes off the machine.

Last edited: