• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bergara B-14 and Magpul Pro 700

amstel78

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2021
NEPA
Just in case anyone's interested, the B-14 drops right into a Magpul Pro 700 chassis. I figured I'd mention this because Magpul themselves said the combination would not work. Not sure why I was given that information as the B-14 shares a Rem700 footprint.

Anyway, if anyone else was considering this chassis for their Bergara, I can confirm that it does work without issue.
20210409_144445.jpg
20210409_150518.jpg

Definitely looks sharp!
I've been debating if I should keep the factory HMR stock on my wilderness, or do the Magpul/Krg Bravo.

I'd drop Magpul a line and inform them. They need to know.

Thanks. Yes, I'll give Magpul a call and let them know. Also, if anyone's interested I have the measurements for the B-14 recoil lug as well as the recoil lug cutout in the Pro 700 chassis. I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment but will update the thread once I get home.

BTW, the KRG Bravo is very similar in functionality (in my opinion) to the factory HMR stock. The Magpul on the other hand has features that compete with offerings from MDT or MPA while staying relatively affordable at under a $1k MSRP. I really like the ability to adjust the grip to trigger distance on the Pro 700.

EDIT: Magpul Pro 700 recoil lug cutout dimensions
L: 1.3"
W: .375"
D: 0.55"

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePewFactor
Well, can't ask for much better than this.
B-14 and Magpul 700 Pro.
Action screws tightened to 55in lbs.
40.2gr IMR 4895
168gr SMK
Fed 210 primer
COAL: 2.810"

Screenshot_20210411-144532.png

Thanks. Yes, I'll give Magpul a call and let them know. Also, if anyone's interested I have the measurements for the B-14 recoil lug as well as the recoil lug cutout in the Pro 700 chassis. I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment but will update the thread once I get home.

BTW, the KRG Bravo is very similar in functionality (in my opinion) to the factory HMR stock. The Magpul on the other hand has features that compete with offerings from MDT or MPA while staying relatively affordable at under a $1k MSRP. I really like the ability to adjust the grip to trigger distance on the Pro 700.

EDIT: Magpul Pro 700 recoil lug cutout dimensions
L: 1.3"
W: .375"
D: 0.55"

I'm considering dropping my HMR into a KRG Bravo at some point. Not sure I agree that the Bravo is similar in functionality to the factory stock. The fore-end mounting options alone differentiate it and I've read over and over that the ergonomics of the Bravo are a definite upgrade. That said, good to know there are other options available!

True regarding the fore-end. I don't hang much off the end of my rifles other than a bipod, so I didn't consider that aspect.

Just in case anyone's interested, the B-14 drops right into a Magpul Pro 700 chassis. I figured I'd mention this because Magpul themselves said the combination would not work. Not sure why I was given that information as the B-14 shares a Rem700 footprint.

Anyway, if anyone else was considering this chassis for their Bergara, I can confirm that it does work without issue.
View attachment 7601432
View attachment 7601433

What length screws did you use to mount the Magpul stock? I have an HMR B-14 and the Magpul 700 Pro Lite but the screws from the bergara were too long.

Thanks,

Dave

What length screws did you use to mount the Magpul stock? I have an HMR B-14 and the Magpul 700 Pro Lite but the screws from the bergara were too long.

Thanks,

Dave
Hey Dave,

It’s been a while since I messed with the setup, but I’m pretty sure I used the action screws that came with the Magpul chassis.

Actually, now that I think about it, I certainly used the screws provided by Magpul. I know this because I reused the factory HMR stock, bottom metal, and factory screws for a B-14R barreled action I bought a while back.

If your 700 Lite chassis is missing those screws, give Magpul a call. They’re pretty good about sending stuff out like that to customers for free.

View attachment 7601432
View attachment 7601433
Hi, I ordered a Bergara barrelled action wich is 1.25 inches large at the shank (initial part of the barrell, after the action).
I'm not sure there is enough space to the chassis. Could you eventually tell me how large the shank of your Bergara is and how many free space remains to the closest part of the chassis?
Thank you very much in advance!

Hi, I ordered a Bergara barrelled action wich is 1.25 inches large at the shank (initial part of the barrell, after the action).
I'm not sure there is enough space to the chassis. Could you eventually tell me how large the shank of your Bergara is and how many free space remains to the closest part of the chassis?
Thank you very much in advance!
My B-14's 308 barrel shank is 1.20". The Magpul Pro's barrel channel is 1.336" in width. Sorry - couldn't get a measurement from the shank to the bottom of the chassis' barrel channel, but there's space. A 1.25" shank should fit without contacting the chassis, but it'll be tight.

My B-14's 308 barrel shank is 1.20". The Magpul Pro's barrel channel is 1.336" in width. Sorry - couldn't get a measurement from the shank to the bottom of the chassis' barrel channel, but there's space. A 1.25" shank should fit without contacting the chassis, but it'll be tight.
Thank you very much! This helps!
Are you still happy with the chassis? Any problems with it, after more than 2 years of use?

Thank you very much! This helps!
Are you still happy with the chassis? Any problems with it, after more than 2 years of use?
I'm still happy with it. Once you get the chassis dialed in for your body mechanics, there's really not much that needs to be messed with or improved on in my opinion. They occasionally pop up for sale, so if you can get one for about 750-800 shipped like I did, then I think it's a good option.

I'm still happy with it. Once you get the chassis dialed in for your body mechanics, there's really not much that needs to be messed with or improved on in my opinion. They occasionally pop up for sale, so if you can get one for about 750-800 shipped like I did, then I think it's a good option.
Thank you very much!

....me again. Magpul says that a barrel diameter of more of 0.92 inches at a distance of 5.5- 6 inches off the breech will not fit this chassis.
I can't understand this: the forend seems to me straight and should even fit a perfectly cylindrical barrel, i.e. of 1.25 inch. Am I wrong?