• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B-14r carbon

melglass

Private
Minuteman
May 25, 2007
Just put a B-14r carbon on order. Figured it would make a good companion for the RimX that I have on order. I see a lot or stuff on the standard but not much on the carbon. Who all has one and how is it doing for you. Thanks

I have 2. Yes 2 carbon. Love them both. Do yourself a favor and buy a trigger and a hellfire muzzle break. Bug big difference after the break was adddd

Just got mine yesterday, I ordered the steel barrel but they send the CF one. Shot it today, best groups were with CCI Std Vel and Midas X both at 3/8" at 50 yds but it was pretty windy. That's 3/4 MOA, I think it will do better, plan to try many more ammo types soon. I put mine in a KRG Bravo.

Interested as ive been tossing up if i want to go with a bergara carbon as it certainly is the cheaper option

Just got mine yesterday, I ordered the steel barrel but they send the CF one. Shot it today, best groups were with CCI Std Vel and Midas X both at 3/8" at 50 yds but it was pretty windy. That's 3/4 MOA, I think it will do better, plan to try many more ammo types soon. I put mine in a KRG Bravo.
I got a 1/4" group at 50 yds yesterday with CCI Std Vel. Testing continues!

Reactions: nightBird
Had an issue when trying to run a suppressor on my B14R Carbon. When attaching the suppressor, I'd have extreme POI shift. 10+ mils, and groups opened up hugely. I tried 5 different brands/models of 22lr suppressor with similar results that varied per can. Those with larger bore diameters shifted less, which led me to believe it was baffle strikes. I've experienced this exact same thing with other carbon tension barrels of this design, such as volquartsen, and others. The shoulder on the barrel is comprised of a threaded nut, that is tensioned against a carbon fiber sleeve. Sometimes, that nut gets off axis from the bore, so when you tighten up a suppressor, it will pull it off axis. Other times the tool used to interface the two holes in the nut, damages the two holes, and causes a bit of material to stick up which will contact the suppressor before full lockup. This is not specific to bergara, but rather can happen with any barrel of this design. Without the suppressor attached, the rifle shot great.

With the barrel setup true to the bore in a lathe, you can face off the nut, and square it up. This solved the issue 100% and I can now attach a suppressor with only a couple tenths of a mil of shift, (which is very minimal) and the groups are nice, just as they are without the suppressor.

Before:
E9uq23Z.gif

After:
fD4FlPZ.gif

Last edited:
Will watch for it. If it is a problem I will chuck it up and take a skin cut.

Mine is off a good bit it seems. Specter 2 is roughly 1.25 low and 5/8 right at 26 yards That is with bulk Federal. My Mystic is 5/8 low and 3/8 right with CCI quiets. Does shoot a ragged hole off a flemzy metal table. Making a range at the house to 100 But not finished yet so will run to my hunting club range in a little to test it out better.

22ADC0BE-7C52-4237-B909-6454E2843348.jpeg

50 yards. Saving the good stuff for after I get 500-1000 rounds on the barrel.
282A4351-D973-4E6C-8497-9A64E2F52D42.jpeg
2.5 cent a round ammo bit me second to last round. 101 yards
A6DB6045-ABB4-4DC7-A155-FC698DA04540.jpeg
191 yards busted clay second shot finished what was left with the third then put the rest into the group to finish mag.

Last edited:
Overall I like the gun a lot so far. Wish the trigger was lighter and need to find something for padding on the cheek piece. The one group I shot At 50 with one of my rimfire suppressors was crapBut need to do more testing. May run my Mystic on it for a test too. At 25 it didn’t change the group size. I think it will be a shooter. Not 100% that I would have ordered the RimX for my needs. Now wishing I would have ordered it with a heavier cut rifled barrel because it may take that to better the B14 by a great amount.

Still following to see how it pans out i just build a 6.5 cm on an orgin action and thats definitely making me want to go the rimx route....but its certainly not needed and hard to justify

I stopped competition in 2005 when I got the last of my leg points and may never shoot NRL22 but it looks like a lot of fun. They are just range toys for me. We will see how it works out.

Yeah all it is for me is punching paper i dont habe time for competition but doesnt mean i cant enjoy building qnd shooting

F82EF6C0-BAC5-4EF7-8479-AC4D8F4C53EB.jpeg
More playing this target all shot playing with suppressors. Groups shot with Spectre 2. Auto Match did alright and Rem target wanted to shoot but would sling one out there. Rem sub HP also did pretty good. Top 2 targets playing with the wind.
55A31ECE-0D8B-436D-B6A9-261626813BBD.jpeg
Eley Action 40gr. Bettered my target from yesterday bit not by much. Did break MOA by a little in conditions not near as good. Gem tech was a failure at 100. Under .5 at 50 but 6x5 1.4 at 100.

Last edited:
Reactions: cwmoss
CA544FF9-6359-42F4-987E-05A48E40CA94.jpeg8A59C851-DE9C-428E-8909-492B12EB86EC.jpeg30987BCB-E12E-4EB7-91DE-BC9673A2BA9C.jpeg
Eley Action 40gr again. Looks like I will need a better trigger and ammo if I am going to get much below an inch average.

A little torque testing. Ten shots at 101. Will never repeat the 65 setting.
BC17CA41-2127-4D98-9AE9-0A2EEFCFD9BB.jpeg

Target shot at the 65 setting. Not even one small group but the wind did pick up And started switching.
381D8489-71E7-478F-BB6F-6445077E2EBE.jpeg