• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14R questions

dbltap45acp

Old Fat Guy
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Casper, Wy
Ordered the B14R last night, should have it in a week I went with the full rifle but may sell the stock later and drop it in a KRG Bravo like my custom 700 in 6.5CM.

Being that I’ve never been a precision rim fire guys, my thoughts so far are the B14R, steel barrel, 20 MOA EGW rail, and probably rings. Vortex Strike Eagle in 5x25 unless someone has a better choice in that price range. I ordered a couple flat Timney Elite Hunter triggers and planned on running them at 1.5#’s. I know everyone on here seems to prefer TT triggers, but as an instructor I get good deals from Timney and already use them in a Glock and a couple AR’s. So I figured I would give them a shot in a bolt gun too. Not sure if I will have to pull the bolt release off them and not sure how.

This will be more of a paper puncher for me, there is NRL22 local to me, and I may try it one day. But shooting 6.5CM while relaxing at the range can get pricey.

I do need to figure out a pic rail for my Harris/Larue bipod that will mount up front, a bore guide for cleaning, and hope the Timney works well and doesn’t slam fire when set to light. Otherwise I will have to stick with the factory trigger which I’m sure will be fine for what I plan to do. Any suggestions on things to buy, change, or needs to be upgraded in all ears. I appreciate any guidance on this build, thanks guys.

I have mine in a krg bravo, i wouldnt bother with a 20moa rail unless you have mounts with cant I'm using a 50moa rail on mine and the strike eagle 5-25x56 with arc m10 rings, it zeros just off the bottom of the scope travel (maybe .9 mil up from memory) and gives me all the rest for dialing. So no need for the zero stop on the scope which limits your elevation travel, according to strelok I have about 450m worth of elevation.

I'm using a timney 501t with the flat bar trigger because I had one from an unused 700 action in the safe. It's nice and light but doesn't have a safety.

I just use a cheap no name pic rail on mine for the bipod, I use a carbon dolphin bipod off my target setup which isn't very practical to hunt with but good for dicking around plinking.

Good luck with it. They are fun rifles.

Mike

Reactions: dbltap45acp
I still have mine in the factory stock. I running a 30 moa rail with a 5x25 vortex strike eagle in vortex pro series rings (made by seekins precision with the vortex logo). I'm running a 12" arca rail with the barricade stop from area 419 with atlas bipod/arca adaptor, comes in handy in NRL22.

I recently got into NRL22, just did my second match this past Sunday. It's a blast for me. I enjoy the challenge of shooting in different positions and at different ranges (25 - 100yards) . I suggest give it a try. Great crowd of people.

L3I Designs makes a bore guide for cleaning the barrel.

Find the right ammo and it'll be a tack driver. All in all its a great rifle.

I'm running a Timney 'The Hit' trigger on my B14R. You will have to pull the bolt release, but that's just popping off a c-clip or 2, removing the lever and reinstalling the c-clip(s). Takes about a minute--I did mine about a year ago and I don't remember the exact procedure, but it was easy.

ETA: I have my trigger set to about 1 pound. I slap the bolt around, I've dropped the rifle a time or 2, and I even buttstroked the ground a couple of times to make sure it won't fire until I tell it to--no issues at all.

I've also been looking at a Bravo, but mine shoots so well in the factory stock, I just can't justify spending the money. I'm running an EGW 20 MOA rail, IOR low rings and a Vortex Diamondback 4-14 on mine and I'm been able to dial out to 400. At 500, I need to use about 4 MIL holdover after maxing out my elevation. (I tried my Razor 4.5-27 for awhile, but for my needs, it's just too big.)

Gsx6bolt is right--the ammo really makes a difference. Mine seems to prefer SK Standard Plus over any Eley I've been able to try, and when perfect precision isn't required, it likes Norma Tac-22 over CCI Standard.

I'm running my B14R pretty much stock except I dropped it into an AX AICS chassis. The scope base is a Weaver 20 MOA rail, and I'm running the Burris Signature rings with an additional 20 MOA I think, a Burris XTRIII 5.5-30, which gives me just over 22 mils of elevation so plenty for me.

I've gotten along with the factory trigger so far, it's been trouble free and breaks at about 2 lbs, right in line with what I have in my other rifles.

My B14R didn't like any of the Eley ammunition I tried but it loved it some SK, Federal GMM, and Lapua. My go to is SK Long Range, it gave me a good balance of cost, performance, and availability. I just recently tried some Norma Tac-22 and at 50 yards I was pretty impressed, the zero was the same and accuracy was as good as SK. I'm planning to use that as my short range practice ammo to save the SK LR for other stuff.

For a picatinny mount, get the Accu-Shot BT17 rail, I have that on my HMR stock and it fit perfectly.

Last edited:
My B14R is in process right now.

I went with an Arken SH4 6-24 mil and their cantilever 20 moa mount. I have the same scope, almost, it's the 4-16 on a target dedicated AR. I tried that set up on my B14R , along with an EGW 20moa mount and was very close to bottom on an in the basement bore sight. I sent the 20 moa back and got a 0 moa mount, hoping everything will fall into place when I zero it. The scope and mount will be here this week, crossing my fingers it will zero at 35yds 3 or 4 clicks up from the bottom!

As far as the stock, I'm sticking with the factory one, unless it proves to be a problem. A pic rail for the bipod was a no brainer. The Bergara stock has two sling swivels up front that have #10-32 inserts, not a shitty wood screw buried into the composite stock. Take the swivels out and drill and c sink an extra hole in a 4" piece of pic rail and you are good to go. An Arca rail would be superior, it would widen the narrowish fore end, but then I would need a new bipod.

The factory trigger will b replaced with a TT before too long, but I will try out the factory one for a little while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schütze
Follow up question for everyone. Assuming most people use a 50 yard zero, do you set your zero stop for POA/POI at 50 and leave .5 MIL where you can dial down for POA/POI when you want to shoot at 25 yards? I keep going back and forth between the 5X25 Arken EP5 and the Vortex Strike Eagle. I use the 5X25 PST Gen II on my 6.5CM so I’m not sure if I need to stick with Vortex to keep reticle uniformity. Also, with standard rings, will it be better to use 20 or 30 MOA base. I guess I would like to dial from 25-325 yards as that’s the max I can see me shooting this at which will be rare at Steel targets. I have access to 1000 plus yards at steel on a different range but I won’t ever use the rimfire for that. Thanks everyone

Last edited:
For what it's worth, and I'm not charging............................I think the Arken reticle is WAY better than the Vortex. Simple reason is it's open at the top, where the Vortex reticle goes all the way up obstructing your view. It's also I'm pretty sure 250$ cheaper than a Strike Eagle, assuming you are paying 799$ for the Vortex.

As I said above I have the SH4 and by buddy has a Strike Eagle on a Savage rifle. I'm not a fan and my scope was half of what he paid. The EP5 has nicer glass than the SH4.

I also just yesterday had an encounter with Arken USA CS and they were awsome. I had a promo code for some extra stuff with a scope purchase that would make my purchase a few dollars cheaper. The promo code didn't work, so I just ordered at regular price and figured that was that. I sent them an e mail, and they are sending the extra stuff and discounting me a few bucks after the fact. I thought that was pretty nice.

I do get the want for reticle consistency though.

I still have mine in the factory stock. I running a 30 moa rail with a 5x25 vortex strike eagle in vortex pro series rings (made by seekins precision with the vortex logo). I'm running a 12" arca rail with the barricade stop from area 419 with atlas bipod/arca adaptor, comes in handy in NRL22.

I recently got into NRL22, just did my second match this past Sunday. It's a blast for me. I enjoy the challenge of shooting in different positions and at different ranges (25 - 100yards) . I suggest give it a try. Great crowd of people.

L3I Designs makes a bore guide for cleaning the barrel.

Find the right ammo and it'll be a tack driver. All in all its a great rifle.
2nd giving NRL22 a try - did my first match a coupled of weeks ago, positional shooting was a bitch for me and the shitty eye box on my scope didn't help matters much, I sucked worse than a hooker on a billy goat with only a whopping 60 points.. still moving ahead with the second match though.

I just got my second B14R steel, both are in factory stock. Both have a TT Diamond set at 8oz, EWG 20 moa base. Vortex Strike Eagle 5 X 25 in Burris XTR Rings 30 moa in the rings. I am 2 mils from the bottom with a 50yds zero, and can dial to 500yds. i use a Harris bi-pod with the sling studs. you should be able to find a Pic Rail, that bolts in the sling studs. I have been thinking about a Arca rail, don't if I want a full rail or a short one just bolted in to studs.

Follow up question for everyone. Assuming most people use a 50 yard zero, do you set your zero stop for POA/POI at 50 and leave .5 MIL where you can dial down for POA/POI when you want to shoot at 25 yards?
Only one way to really find out...shoot it.
Also, with standard rings, will it be better to use 20 or 30 MOA base. I guess I would like to dial from 25-325 yards as that’s the max I can see me shooting this at which will be rare at Steel targets. Thanks everyone
I have never heard of anyone regretting 30MOA bases. And if you really want to play with MOA, get Burris XTR rings and you can add or subtract from 0-40MOA in 5MOA increments.

I am running an early-run barreled action in a Grayboe. I went EGW 30MOA with Seekins .92" rings on a Kahles K525i. I couldn't be happier with the set up.

I have been shooting a steel barrel B14R for over a year. Our .22 Sniper Match only goes out to 200 yds, with the closest array at 50 yds. I run a 20 moa rail with one .010" steel shim in the rear. The 6.5-20 x 50 Vortex Viper works just fine. Great eye box. I installed a 6oz Shilen trigger. Good trigger for $150. No NRL22 at our range currently. Might start one on the 100 yd range though. I will shoot my Ruger 10/22 if we do. It is as accurate as my Bergara.

I'm running the factory stock with an Area 419 arca rail. Stock trigger with a spring change, I think it's about 20 oz. I've got a 20 moa rail, ARC rings and a Athlon Cronus, zero'd at 50, I've dialed to 400, haven't tried to see how far I can dial.

Follow up question for everyone. Assuming most people use a 50 yard zero, do you set your zero stop for POA/POI at 50 and leave .5 MIL where you can dial down for POA/POI when you want to shoot at 25 yards? I keep going back and forth between the 5X25 Arken EP5 and the Vortex Strike Eagle. I use the 5X25 PST Gen II on my 6.5CM so I’m not sure if I need to stick with Vortex to keep reticle uniformity. Also, with standard rings, will it be better to use 20 or 30 MOA base. I guess I would like to dial from 25-325 yards as that’s the max I can see me shooting this at which will be rare at Steel targets. I have access to 1000 plus yards at steel on a different range but I won’t ever use the rimfire for that. Thanks everyone
If you have range flexibility that allows you to zero at 35 yards do so. Everything is an up adjustment from there. 30 MOA base is a better choice than 20 for the near NRL22X distances you mention.

Reactions: sjmpcc022
If you have range flexibility that allows you to zero at 35 yards do so. Everything is an up adjustment from there. 30 MOA base is a better choice than 20 for the near NRL22X distances you mention.
30 MOA rail and 35 yard zero, copy that.

I have the steel version of the B14R in the OEM stock. i'm running a Vortex SE 5-25x56 on an MDT 20 MOA rail. I use the short Area 419 ARCA rail to mount an Atlas bipod. Its shot best using SK LR.

I’m thoroughly annoyed. My B14R should have been arriving in a couple days from Sportmans Warehouse. Just got an email saying they canceled my order after a week because they couldn’t find one in their warehouse. Guess I need to try and track another one down or choose another rimfire to setup if I can find one. The search begins again…….

So much for their online inventory system. That sucks.

I’m thoroughly annoyed. My B14R should have been arriving in a couple days from Sportmans Warehouse. Just got an email saying they canceled my order after a week because they couldn’t find one in their warehouse. Guess I need to try and track another one down or choose another rimfire to setup if I can find one. The search begins again…….
I had the same crap happen to me a year ago with Battle Hawk Armory.

Are you looking for steel or carbon barrel?

I’m looking for a steel barrel. I think I found a place that has some in stock, hoping I find out by tomorrow.

I got mine a week ago at Sportsmans, they had it at the store for a while.

Mike

I got mine a week ago at Sportsmans, they had it at the store for a while.

Mike
They were supposed to have one in the Bend OR store, it’s the only one shown in their system. When they canceled my order the help desk said they couldn’t find the rifle. Lol, luckily I found one somewhere and have one on the way now. I ordered all my parts I wanted to add and should be up and running in a week or so. I just wish I remembered to order a KMW podlok when I ordered my stuff to save shipping costs. Will probably wait and order one down the road when I need other stuff too. Hahaha

https://m.facebook.com/acesandeightsholsters/ check out Aces and Eight Firearms. They are one of the biggest B14r gun shops I know of. They just got a pallet in at the end of June. Great Gus to work with. Complete LH or RH and also barreled actions.

B14R.jpg

Mine is almost complete, just waiting for the TT trigger, will get that hopefully this week! Have try out ammo ready to go, we'll see what it can do. Didn't have time to do anything with it this weekend, so the timing is fine.

View attachment 7923795

Mine is almost complete, just waiting for the TT trigger, will get that hopefully this week! Have try out ammo ready to go, we'll see what it can do. Didn't have time to do anything with it this weekend, so the timing is fine.
Looking good brother. I get to pick mine up tomorrow. Just waiting for the EGW rail and Timney HIT to show up and I will get her all put together too. Probably won’t get to shoot till next week though due to work. Let me know how yours does

Looking good brother. I get to pick mine up tomorrow. Just waiting for the EGW rail and Timney HIT to show up and I will get her all put together too. Probably won’t get to shoot till next week though due to work. Let me know how yours does
I sure will!! I also went with the EGW rail, but a TT Special.

No need to dial under except at about 32-34 it's a tenth or two.
Screenshot_20220801-225852-661.png

No need to dial under except at about 32-34 it's a tenth or two.
View attachment 7924718
Perfect, thank you. All my parts came in except my trigger, still waiting in that. I ordered some CCI standard velocity, SK rifle match, Norma Tac 22, and I will try some CCI blazer even though it’s HV. But my handgun loves that stuff and I already have like 8K rounds of it. So when the rest shows up I will head to the range and see how it all goes. Will print some at 25 yards, 50, and 100 while getting used to the new rifle.

Mine is still in the factory HMR stock. I do have a Bell and Carlson and a MacMillan to give a go...maybe...someday. It shoots great as is though.
I took it home from the store, took it apart, put in a Timney set at 1 lb, cleaned it, reassembled it with a 20 MOA rail and an NX8. Incredibly accurate with CCI SV, even more so with CenterX and some Pistol Match. I didn't have much luck with the bulk Remington or Winchester ammo but It did shoot the CCI miniMags into a tight little group. I was getting about 50% hits on a 10" paper plate at 400 yards but could not tell where my misses were going.
I bought 2 of THESE and have had no issues with feeding or ejection...which is one reason I haven't fiddled with one of the other stocks...why fix it if it isn't broken? I've been using my TBAC Ultra 7 223 suppressor. I have about 800 rounds down the tube.
Once I get moved and get my home range set up, it will be my primary shooter when at home.

I have 350 rounds through my steel BR14R. It's in the OEM stock with an MDT 20 MOA rail for a Vortex Strike Eagle. I'm using a short Area419 ARCA rail to mount an Atlas bipod. It likes SK LRM. I need to try some Lapua CX next.

I got a steel barreled action B-14R to put in a Gen 1 XLR Element chassis, Leupold 20 MOA base with a 5-25x56 Strike Eagle and Vortex Precision rings, Atlas bipod. Basically I cannibalized my Remington 700 setup!

BoreTech has a bore guide specifically for the B-14R - their sku BTBG-1000-115.

I picked up a spare Bergara trigger and did the trigger mod (another SH thread!) and got a factory trigger down to about 20 oz which is low enough for me right now. I’ve got a TT in my Remington 700 but at this point it’s not worth swapping it out

I zeroed at 50 and put on the stop - I can still dial down .4 mil for 25 yards - or just hold. But I”m shooting silhouettes at ranges from 80 to 200 yards so no need to go lower for now.

I wasn’t happy shooting SK Standard+ - gun didn’t seem to mind it in any way but I had a lot of flyers. Got some Eley Tenex and am very happy with it (well - everything but the price!). Despite the occasional rant in other threads, mine has had no failure to feed or eject issues whatsoever, and no mag issues either. I’ve got some CCI and other stuff lying around and may punch some paper just to see how it flies.

Shot 39 out of 40 at the last match - I swear I hit that one target, or at least gave it a scare. But, no wind at that match. Wind is my nemesis. Proof though that the gun is better than I am! I’m very happy.

I just ordered a tuner - but I’ll leave that to another thread!
B14R pic.jpeg

Reactions: Ghost231
Well, I got it all put together, here’s my initial thoughts on it so far.

I went with the factory setup instead of putting it in a KRG Bravo. Having my custom 700 in a KRG and this side by side, I feel I made the right choice. The KRG has a wider forend, but that can be fixed by adding an ARCA rail later of I choose. I went with a Timney HIT trigger, it’s set at 8oz and no matter how hard I run that bolt the sear didn’t slip. Feels nice and crisp, didn’t feel any creep. I won’t get real trigger time till my next days off though. I went with the Arken EP5, so far I like the glass for the price, but again, I won’t be able to hit the range till next week to see how it does.

Only two issues so far that I have found, the bolt is a bit stiffer then I expected when closing the bolt. It also arrived with a small gouge in the magwell with a burr. Maybe Bergara will replace the bottom metal, but will see. Can’t find any in stock extra mags which is a little annoying, but it seems everyone is waiting on them.

So, overall I am very happy with this build so far, hope it prints well on paper, but I’m sure either way I will like this as a shooter. Thanks to all of you who helped with making some of the choices I made.

So, overall I am very happy with this build so far, hope it prints well on paper, but I’m sure either way I will like this as a shooter.
Congrats!!!!! Hoping to have time to get mine going this weekend. Doesn't look like the TT will be here this week though. Probably on Comrade Trudeau's desk awaiting his approval!!:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
I found that Eley Club and Wolf Extra Match shoots well out of mine. I tried Texex, Norma Tac, RWS Rifle match, both Wolf and Center X.

I haven't found any extra magazines, but did order Vudoo magazines. With a little modification they feed in my MPA chassis.

I found that Eley Club and Wolf Extra Match shoots well out of mine. I tried Texex, Norma Tac, RWS Rifle match, both Wolf and Center X.

I haven't found any extra magazines, but did order Vudoo magazines. With a little modification they feed in my MPA chassis.
I almost ordered a couple Vudoo magazines to see how they would work in the factory stock, Mike High Shooting had them in stock. They charged like $23 for the cheap shipping, so I passed for now just cause that shipping charge was ridicules.

Reactions: Pomyluy
Congrats!!!!! Hoping to have time to get mine going this weekend. Doesn't look like the TT will be here this week though. Probably on Comrade Trudeau's desk awaiting his approval!!:oops:
I really wish I could feel one of these TT Diamonds everyone keeps talking about. I hope you love it brother. I put that HIT in mine and it’s set to 8oz. Timney said it might feel a little heavier due to the spring and bolt design on the Bergara. To me, it feels phenomenal and maybe a better shooter could feel the difference between the Timney and TT. There is zero creep and breaks like a glass rod. I’m going to use a friends trigger weight gauge to see where it actually pulls at. My 6.5 is at about 1.5# and this is considerably lighter.

I really wish I could feel one of these TT Diamonds everyone keeps talking about. I hope you love it brother. I put that HIT in mine and it’s set to 8oz. Timney said it might feel a little heavier due to the spring and bolt design on the Bergara. To me, it feels phenomenal and maybe a better shooter could feel the difference between the Timney and TT. There is zero creep and breaks like a glass rod. I’m going to use a friends trigger weight gauge to see where it actually pulls at. My 6.5 is at about 1.5# and this is considerably lighter.
I didn't get the Diamond, I got the Special. I have the same trigger on my PRS rifle and love it. The range is 8oz to 32oz, although I guess it depends how you add up the weight, first vs second stage. I'm a devout 2 stage loyalist and won't change. The Diamond was around a hundo or so more for 4oz less of pull weight. I figured I would try the Special, save a hun and hope. It is great and I don't regret it a bit.

Before I put the PRS rifle together, I've never had my hands on anything resembling the TT trigger. It is unlike anything I ever tried before. I don't have a scale and don't plan on getting one. I set it to what I felt was good, and that is where it is now. I also bought a TT 2 stage AR trigger for my target dedicated AR, not quite as nice as the Special, but damn close!

I didn't get the Diamond, I got the Special. I have the same trigger on my PRS rifle and love it. The range is 8oz to 32oz, although I guess it depends how you add up the weight, first vs second stage. I'm a devout 2 stage loyalist and won't change. The Diamond was around a hundo or so more for 4oz less of pull weight. I figured I would try the Special, save a hun and hope. It is great and I don't regret it a bit.

Before I put the PRS rifle together, I've never had my hands on anything resembling the TT trigger. It is unlike anything I ever tried before. I don't have a scale and don't plan on getting one. I set it to what I felt was good, and that is where it is now. I also bought a TT 2 stage AR trigger for my target dedicated AR, not quite as nice as the Special, but damn close!
I need to call a few friends locally and see if anyone has a TT trigger. Just so I can feel the difference side by side.

Finally received my new B14R steel after a bit of a hunt for one in stock.

It was like Christmas opening the package and I am very impressed with fit and finish.

So far have installed the TT Special trigger and torqued the receiver bolts to 65 inch/lbs and 20 MOA scope base to 25 inch/lbs as per Bergara Rifles Official Technical Service bulletin of 13 Sept. 2021.

Next to install is an 8" Area 419 ARCA rail and Area 419 bolt knob. Plan to use my Atlas bipod that I use on my PRS rifles.

Scope will be a Vortex Viper G2 5-25x50 Mil on Vortex pro rings with a Vortex level and Vortex Throw Lever.

Once the set up is complete, off to the range to zero and experiment with ammo.

Copy that. Might give that a shot. I was going to start with one to make sure if fed fine in the factory stock, but I may just bite the bullet and order a three pack.
Mine in the MPA chassis it has the adjustable mag release but I didn't have to mess with it. I had to round off the back of the magazine to clear the ejector. It seems to me to feed better than the stock mag.

How do you setup your Special 2-Stage trigger? What pull weight to 1st Stage wall and what weight to break 2nd Stage?

How do you setup your Special 2-Stage trigger? What pull weight to 1st Stage wall and what weight to break 2nd Stage?
As I said above, I don't have a trigger scale, so I couldn't tell you what the pull weight is at.

What I did was set first stage VERY light, hardly any resistance at all. The second stage is also very light, but not nearly as light as stage one.

What I want to feel is a concrete wall between stage 1 and 2, and I have that. I know EXACTLY when it will break. I finally got my snap caps and tried the factory trigger, where it was set from Bergara, and it was very nice. For maybe two seconds I thought I wasted 265$, but not the case.

The TT, with the roller system, is very smooth! No creep, no drag, no grit. It may very well be set heavier than I would guess, but the way it feels I'm guessing it acts lighter than it is? I also have found I really like flat triggers. Pretty much damn near every rifle I own has a flat trigger, including AR's with a roller trigger. Looks like the JP roller, but they haven't been able to prove that in court yet!;)

Understand, this is just MY preference. I'm sure there are many here who forgot much more than I will ever know about rifle shooting who will say I'm full of shit. That's fine, you asked, I answered.

Reactions: kmckinnon
As I said above, I don't have a trigger scale, so I couldn't tell you what the pull weight is at.

What I did was set first stage VERY light, hardly any resistance at all. The second stage is also very light, but not nearly as light as stage one.

What I want to feel is a concrete wall between stage 1 and 2, and I have that. I know EXACTLY when it will break. I finally got my snap caps and tried the factory trigger, where it was set from Bergara, and it was very nice. For maybe two seconds I thought I wasted 265$, but not the case.

The TT, with the roller system, is very smooth! No creep, no drag, no grit. It may very well be set heavier than I would guess, but the way it feels I'm guessing it acts lighter than it is? I also have found I really like flat triggers. Pretty much damn near every rifle I own has a flat trigger, including AR's with a roller trigger. Looks like the JP roller, but they haven't been able to prove that in court yet!;)

Understand, this is just MY preference. I'm sure there are many here who forgot much more than I will ever know about rifle shooting who will say I'm full of shit. That's fine, you asked, I answered.
In the last 4-5 years I have become a flat trigger fan by far. I run them in all my rifles and handguns as well. I think the only curved trigger I still have is a custom Browning Hi Power by Ted Yost. I get a much straighter press to the rear with a straight trigger shoe though.

In the last 4-5 years I have become a flat trigger fan by far. I run them in all my rifles and handguns as well. I think the only curved trigger I still have is a custom Browning Hi Power by Ted Yost. I get a much straighter press to the rear with a straight trigger shoe though.
It's funny you mention handguns. On the cover of my USPSA magazine this month is a Canik SFX Rival. It has a flat trigger and that is a big part of their marketing of this gun. Look at most striker fires that have come out in the last year or so, flat triggers. S&W is late to the game with the terrible curved trigger in the M&P, I upgraded both of mine with a straighter Apex trigger. I predict they will make a design change in the future!