• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara BMP?

cpd1515

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2017
Hello, New to the Hide (been a member on AR15.com for over 10 yrs) and decided to jump into more Precision shooting. I just picked up a brand new Bergara BMP in .308 and have added a Seekins 20MOA scope mount and Harris Bipod to start. Anyone here having good luck with these rifles? I just got into Handloading as well so hopfully I can find a nice load for the rifle.

Congratulations on purchasing the rifle. Bergara's are supposed to shoot very well. Regarding reloading for the 308, there's a ton of info out there. Keep it simple. Replicating factory match ammo like Federal Gold Medal, Prime, or Hornady would be a good start.

Hello, New to the Hide (been a member on AR15.com for over 10 yrs) and decided to jump into more Precision shooting. I just picked up a brand new Bergara BMP in .308 and have added a Seekins 20MOA scope mount and Harris Bipod to start. Anyone here having good luck with these rifles? I just got into Handloading as well so hopfully I can find a nice load for the rifle.

I dont have a BMP, but I do have an LRP in 6.5cm and it has been fantastic so far. Very accurate and had almost every feature I wanted right out of the box. The premium action is very nice, and smooth. The only thing I felt that was lacking, is a flush cup on the front of the evolution chassis (not a big deal, it was only $20 ish bucks to add the MLOK) and a folding adapter (currently have to take the buttstock off to clean it).

Have fun, Im sure you will be pleased with your rifle. Developing a new load for a new rifle is something I enjoy, and this rifle was very easy to find a load for.

I have a bmp in 6.5cm Still developing a good load. Vargit powder with hornady eld match are working best so far. A friend has good luck with his 308 using vargit powder and berger bullets.

I've had a BMP for a few months now and the Hornady Black 140gr BTHP shoots well out of it. I have tried Prime, Nexus and Sig ammo and none of them shoot that much better. The best thing is that it's the cheapest out of all of them. The biggest drawback is you can only get it from Academy Sports.

Reactions: MarkBlue
The hornady 140grn bthp shoots the best for me in my bergara bmp and rpr both in 6.5cm. I've tried hornady eld match and berger hybrid and still the bthp works best. All rifles, shooters, and hand loads differ so in my opinion try different things till you find one your rifle and you like. Funny thing is factory hornady amarican gunner 140 grn bthp shoots amazing and even though i handload i still use it in long range matches most of the time.

Any of you guys know the muzzle diameter of the BMP? Is it .80” or smaller...? Thanks!

How did the Seekins rail fit? Any issues with the built in recoil lug on the 20 moa base?

I have one in .308 and I love it. I'm getting 1/4' groups at 100yds using Federal GMM 175's
Bergara group.JPG

hey! thinking on getting this gun. trying to figure out 6.5 or 308. i presently use

Federal Gold medal match 186 hollow point for my scar.

how might this work with the gun?

shooting past 500 to 1k is on occasion. i understand all the advantages of 6.5

the cost of reloading is close to buying match grade 6.5 ammo. (working on getting set up to reload but still working on information).

thanks in advance!

Instead of dredging up a post from almost 2 years ago with a vague question about muzzle brakes, was there something specific you wanted to know about a brake for a BMP?