• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara firing pin

eca7891

Keeper of useless knowledge
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2019
Driving home from the range right now. I’m assuming the firing pin broke in my bergara 6.5 ridgeback.

Does anyone know what pin they use in there and where I could get one.

I did a very quick search online while at our range. The cell signal is weak and I saw nothing on the first couple of pages or at brownells.

I’ll take things apart when I get home.

Thanks in advance

You are going to make me embarrass myself and break out some technical terms.

Where the bolt meets the barrel there is a little hole??? right at the bottom of the action.

The brass is at the end of its life and the primer pocket are at the end lol f their life cycle.

A prime almost exactly fits in that little hole I mention. So following the law of Murphy a prime fell out after I shot and went directly in that little hole. I cycled the bolt and thought it felt a little weird. Next round the hammer strikes the bolt but no ignition.

Evidently it stopped the bolt from fully closing while letting the trigger to still operate.

Ok.

Enough of me feeling like an idiot and tech speak.

Btw. I did run my finger around in the chamber and have no idea how I didn’t feel it.