• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BERGARA HMR BARREL CONTOUR?

BANG...ping

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2017
Hi all,
I have a Bergara HMR stock that has been sitting on my shelf for about two years and I want to put it to use. The problem is that I do not know what profile to have made that will fit the channel. I spoke with my gunsmith and informed him that Bergara has a barrel diagram for their barrels, but he said that most contour diagrams leave alot of information out. Has anyone used a Bartlien profile for this stock that works? I want to get as heavy a profile in as possible while maintaining barrel / stock clearance. If you have pics, that would be great.

Thanks,
Bang

Hi all,
I have a Bergara HMR stock that has been sitting on my shelf for about two years and I want to put it to use. The problem is that I do not know what profile to have made that will fit the channel. I spoke with my gunsmith and informed him that Bergara has a barrel diagram for their barrels, but he said that most contour diagrams leave alot of information out. Has anyone used a Bartlien profile for this stock that works? I want to get as heavy a profile in as possible while maintaining barrel / stock clearance. If you have pics, that would be great.

Thanks,
Bang

I believe it is a number 6 contour that comes on a factory HMR, I think I read that either on Bergara's site or in one of their videos. I realize different MFGs have different ways of describing things. Hope it is helpful. I would imagine that stock has more room than a number 6, but would certainly have room for a number 6.

I believe it is a number 6 contour that comes on a factory HMR, I think I read that either on Bergara's site or in one of their videos. I realize different MFGs have different ways of describing things. Hope it is helpful. I would imagine that stock has more room than a number 6, but would certainly have room for a number 6.
Thank you.