• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bergara HMR Pro

jschroed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
MN
Has anyone had a chance to see one of these yet. They are a new offering for 2018. They look interesting.

Imo, they priced themselves out of their target market. Nice rifle for sure.

I really like the looks a of it. Haven’t seen one first hand yet, but based on the original, I’m sure it’s great. As for pricing themselves out of the market, possibly a bit, but they’re still offering the original, this is just for the guys who wanted more, just not sure how much more accurate this will be. Hopefully they’ll add a 223 in the original line up. That would probably be a home run imo.

Street price is looking to be in the 1400 to 1450 range, and I doubt a dealer had one at $2500 for anyone to touch since only the few prototypes are out. First production ones won't be ready until end of Feb to beginning of March. Several LGS have taken orders for them from $1420 to $1550.

Premier action (floating bolt head) and barrel, which is stainless instead of Cro-Mo, and Cerakoted. Hand lapped and built in the USA instead of Spain like the B-14s. The feedramp is different to allow loading longer (which has been an issue with some mags and some bullets in the B-14 version). It also has a Trigger Tech trigger and comes in more calibers (.223 Rem., .22-250 Rem., 6 mm Creedmoor, 6.5 mm Creedmoor and .308 Win) with a 2" longer barrel. Fluted bolt and comes with an optics mount rail (although I have not seen that in the photos). Oh, and the firing pin has been changed to allow use of small rifle primer brass (Lapua) without issue.

If I can snag one for 14, I will. Higher though, I’ll probably stick with the original.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Street price is looking to be in the 1400 to 1450 range, and I doubt a dealer had one at $2500 for anyone to touch since only the few prototypes are out. First production ones won't be ready until end of Feb to beginning of March. Several LGS have taken orders for them from $1420 to $1550.

Premier action (floating bolt head) and barrel, which is stainless instead of Cro-Mo, and Cerakoted. Hand lapped and built in the USA instead of Spain like the B-14s. The feedramp is different to allow loading longer (which has been an issue with some mags and some bullets in the B-14 version). It also has a Trigger Tech trigger and comes in more calibers (.223 Rem., .22-250 Rem., 6 mm Creedmoor, 6.5 mm Creedmoor and .308 Win) with a 2" longer barrel. Fluted bolt and comes with an optics mount rail (although I have not seen that in the photos). Oh, and the firing pin has been changed to allow use of small rifle primer brass (Lapua) without issue.

You are correct MarkCO, my mistake. But he did have a Bergara, and whatever he had, he wanted $2500 for it. Like I said, at that price I stopped paying attention to it. Of course, it was at a gun show.

Reactions: MarkCO
I'm interested in the new 300 WM caliber. They have their new brochure online if you search. I was hoping someone saw/ took pictures at shot and wants to share them here?

Looks like its not in the Pro, but the normal HMR.

Last edited:
Reactions: SonicBurlap
Glad to see they fixed their feed ramp on their $1500 model to actually allow loading into the lands.

Ian, I have seen some video of the 300WM B-14 HMR from SHOT, I think if you search, you can find it.

While barrel replacement is easy, one of the things that has drawn me towards the HMR is that the factory rebarrel (with refinish) is $500 and they can do any profile, twist, chambering that fits in the envelope.

Anyone know where I could preorder one? Love the original but would really like the added 2" on the barrel as well as a couple other features the pro has.

Anyone know where I could preorder one? Love the original but would really like the added 2" on the barrel as well as a couple other features the pro has.

Local Gun Store. The one I use only has one distributor that carries Bergara and has a "notify me" on one, but they won't let them actually pre-order it, so I am first on his list, but he would not take my money until he actually gets on on the way.

Pricing is out now and some shops are taking pre-orders. Just depends on who your LGS is set up with as far as distributors.
I'm in Canada, so we're always a little bit late to the party for new guns. I've seen some MSRPs thrown around for these but what are the street prices on them?

Dealers that are taking pre-orders are giving prices in the $1500s. I have not seen any below $1500 and saw one at $1610. I'd expect it to stabilize at around $1480ish once the demand wanes. They are still saying shipping end of February for the first pallets of them.

The .450Bushmaster is really close to being released, will also be in the B-14HMR and the HMR-Pro.

Local gun shop near me had 2 Bergara HMR rifles, and they were both sold before they could put them on the shelf. I loaned one of the buyers a scope, and we shot his right then and there, and they are fine. The HMR Pro should only be better. I'd say, "Run, don't walk, and get one of those."

If I can snag one for 14, I will. Higher though, I’ll probably stick with the original.
Got mine for $1,489.00. It hasn't arrived at my gun store but needless to say, I'm stoked. Already picked up a 6-24x50 Vortex Viper PST scope. Can't wait to shoot it at 1000

I’ve had one on order with my local dealer for awhile now. They’ve been telling him early March delivery. So we will see. I’m ready to get it out and shoot it.

Still going back and forth between a PRO when they get released or a regular HMR. What does the floating bolt head give you that isn't there in a standard non-floating bolt head?

Of the ref hmr in 300wm is actually going to sell for 1k, they will sell a metric fuck ton of these.

at $1500 are these actually competition for a Tikka T3x A1?..

BMP was competition with it. Will be interesting to see if they do the same with next years model of it. Apples and oranges with this one. I'd say its a step above the -A3. Especially for the money. And if were throwing LGS prices, my local has the -A3 at $2100. NOPE, just couldn't. So BMP it was, and I'm happy with the rifle so far.

Got mine in today. Going to put some stuff on it. Doubt I can shoot it today.
First impressions: Looks sweet. Nice trigger. Bolt is silky smooth.
Comes in a soft case and the zipper was broke on mine.

Other than that, I’m excited to try it out. Came with a 3 shot group of .375 inches.

Attachments

• 1A14F380-3E7C-48EF-95AD-83D753722624.jpeg
    1A14F380-3E7C-48EF-95AD-83D753722624.jpeg
    529.3 KB · Views: 230
  • BDD48989-D351-4895-A2BD-683EA4D25292.jpeg
    BDD48989-D351-4895-A2BD-683EA4D25292.jpeg
    466 KB · Views: 229
  • B2BF1CBF-FA19-4BB2-834D-6CBB46D9E9EB.jpeg
    B2BF1CBF-FA19-4BB2-834D-6CBB46D9E9EB.jpeg
    618.5 KB · Views: 211
Reactions: MarkCO and manki77
Got mine in today. Going to put some stuff on it. Doubt I can shoot it today.
First impressions: Looks sweet. Nice trigger. Bolt is silky smooth.
Comes in a soft case and the zipper was broke on mine.

Other than that, I’m excited to try it out. Came with a 3 shot group of .375 inches.

Let us know how it shoots!

Also where did you order from?

Let us know how it shoots!

Also where did you order from?
Will do! Maybe a day or two before I can get out and shoot.

I ordered from my local dealer in southern illinois.
Came in through Zander’s sporting goods. I’m sure your local dealer can order through them.

Just looked, its looking like Zander's sporting goods is out of stock.
I had my dealer put order in. From my understanding, he was basically on a “notify me” status. So basically, when one became available they would notify him and ask if he still wanted it or not and then ship out if so.

Originally, I had him trying to get 6mm creedmoor. He called me earlier this week and said they had a 6.5 in and if I wanted it. I told him I would go ahead and take the 6.5.

I would just have your local dealer place an order on one and play the waiting game if you want one.

I’m sure I’m one of the first to have one because I ordered right around shot show when I found out about the HMR pro.

Quick mount job with Gen 2 razor,ARC rings and area 419 base and Hellfire brake.

Waiting on Atlas CAL Bipod to go on it as well.

Attachments

• 6BC40B0A-066A-4DAB-A869-3E1CF4255D73.jpeg
    6BC40B0A-066A-4DAB-A869-3E1CF4255D73.jpeg
    454.9 KB · Views: 272
  • E64F1D53-CF35-4D39-BC69-3794528CF608.jpeg
    E64F1D53-CF35-4D39-BC69-3794528CF608.jpeg
    587 KB · Views: 289
  • 95F593E7-1801-41BF-A355-8FFA8B0F844D.jpeg
    95F593E7-1801-41BF-A355-8FFA8B0F844D.jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: Wyzrd
Anyone that is still looking for one, Interstate Arms has them in stock. Also, looking at putting a ATACR 5-25x56 F1 on mine and was looking to see if anyone knows which NightForce rings to run with them on a NightForce 20 MOA base?

Any accuracy tests on these yet? I cannot seem to find them in stock anywhere if someone has a lead on them still.

Any accuracy tests on these yet? I cannot seem to find them in stock anywhere if someone has a lead on them still.

First decent day with minimal wind in southern illinois to run some accuracy tests on it. These two photos are the only ones I snapped. Both with 147gr eld 6.5 factory ammo.

100 yards and 400 yards respectively. Could not push out any father due to time constraints.

It’s a shooter and was getting better the more I shot it. Still getting it broke in. I’m not one to measure my groups for bragging rights, but the groups were approx .5 inch and 3.25 inches respectively. Sub MOA easily and I’m not the greatest shooter either.

Attachments

• C766A40B-C53D-41DE-B511-438B4106D302.jpeg
    C766A40B-C53D-41DE-B511-438B4106D302.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 702EFFAD-0694-445D-A625-C46F529E6855.jpeg
    702EFFAD-0694-445D-A625-C46F529E6855.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 68
Nice, especially with factory ammo, thanks for posting! If you get back out I'm sure we'd all love to see more of what she can do.

Now the trick is just finding one in stock....

Anyone else test theirs yet?

Last edited:
Nice, especially with factory ammo, thanks for posting! If you get back out I'm sure we'd all love to see more of what she can do.

Now the trick is just finding one in stock....

Anyone else test theirs yet?
Thank you and I’m planning on pushing it out just as soon as I can. Not much free time right now. My sergeant just retired and our department is short handed right now so lots of 12 and 16 hour shifts lol