• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara Muzzle brake removal

Libr8t

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
Montana
Looking to attempt my first muzzle swap to a hellfire match but not sure how the factory muzzle is removed. I searched a little and it seems you just twist them off but mine seems to be to tight or I'm twisting wrong way. Is it righty tighty or? Do I need a lock ringto install the hellfire once I get it off? Thanks for any tips..

Paper punch is a Bergara MG lite

Can't help with the Hellfire, never dealt with one, but getting the Bergara brake off should be simple.

Clamp the barrel in a vise, heat up the brake with a torch, and twist it off. Yes, it should be right hand thread. For the torch, propane will work, but I usually use mapp just because it heats up faster.

Reactions: Libr8t
hey thank you, I used my heat gun and it turned right off. Biggest issue was I thought it would be reverse threads.. lol

Reactions: mi650
Thanks for this, I've got the same issue on my HMR 7 PRC. I didnt like the idea of a torch but will dig out the heat gun.

As an afterthought, I typed the question into my browser and it brought me straight here, as do half the gun questions I ask. Long live the HDE

A bit pricey unless you can think you will use it often

Bolt induction heater may be an option

I haven't bought one yet but it is on my Christmas list