• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara Premier LRP vs Tikka CTR in XLR chassis

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
Both rifles have a 24 inch barrel and both would be in a XLR element chassis in 6.5 creedmoor. Which is the best rifle?

The Bergera LRP msrp is $2k not sure what street price is.

Tikka is $1k avg for 24" CTR and $750 for the xlr

Why not look at the Tikka Tac A1 vs a ctr+xlr? $1750 comes with 2 stage trigger, 3 mags and a trg brake.

Just throwing another option out there for you. Im a 2 stage fan so that was what sealed the deal for me.

LRP has timney and is s/s standard. Buds is advertised under $1800.

Bergara doesn't rip you off on the cost of proprietary mags, & other accessories meanwhile Beretta USA is happy to.

Bergara doesn't rip you off on the cost of proprietary mags, & other accessories meanwhile Beretta USA is happy to.

Yes, but how many mags are you going to go through in the life time of the gun? Realistically, most people go wit CDI or some other bottom metal anyway, so its really a non issue for most. My T3x came with two mags. I bet if I kept the tikka bottom metal and used the tikka mags, I would go through my life time before needing new mags.

That was the one thing that left a bad taste in my mouth about my Tikka. Washed that taste away after getting an ELR chassis and longer COL mags for handloads

Thanks for the replies. I would be using a XLR chassis so magazines won't be a problem with the Tikka. Which rifle would likely be the most accurate?

Thanks for the replies. I would be using a XLR chassis so magazines won't be a problem with the Tikka. Which rifle would likely be the most accurate?

My tikka is the smoothest action I have every handled. I have yet to shoot it, but from everything I have heard, tikkas are the benchmark for out of the box accuracy. If I like how it shoots, it will live in an Xray, Whiskey or one of the new stocks KRG is talking about.

Will be my "long range" gun out to about 500 yards.

Buddy has two matching 24" ctr's in 6.5

4 shooters got same results with both 130 prime and hornady 147 against my Tempest with benchmark barrel. Thats not to say my custom didnt shoot it easily held .25 with the prime but rather I was so impressed with the tikka at 1/3 the $ that I sold the tempest got a tikka and put the money left in other gear.

Cant speak to bergera but the Tikkas are shooters.

I've got a Tikka CTR 6.5 creedmoor with a 24 inch barrel on the way from Whittaker guns. I may not go with the XLR chassis after all. I may go with another Whiskey 3 or maybe a MPA BA lite.