• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara Premiere vs high-end custom actions

Really? That’s has not been my experience at all. B14s feel like a really nice Remington maybe, but the Premiers are much much nicer in my experience.
I don’t think I’ve ever fondled a premier. Don’t get me wrong, the Bergera is on my short list for factory rifles. I was speaking on the smoothness factor alone.

I don’t think I’ve ever fondled a premier. Don’t get me wrong, the Bergera is on my short list for factory rifles. I was speaking on the smoothness factor alone.
Gotcha, I like B14s but the Premier action is a totally different animal. Exceptionally smooth for a factory action.

Gotcha, I like B14s but the Premier action is a totally different animal. Exceptionally smooth for a factory action.
That’s because the premier action is not a “factory action”, it’s the same one Bergara uses for custom builds.

I'm not sure that I can add anything of value to this thread, but I'll say this.
I've owned several Bergara Premier actions, and several other well known custom actions.
The Bergara Premier is better in most every way than the B14.
The Premier is a very good action that didn't require blueprinting from my gunsmith either.
With that said, it isn't quite there in terms of features with other $1,000+ actions.
It's a great action, a Rem700 clone that is what Remington should have made in the first place.
I don't think you'll lose a PRS or similar style match because you're running a Premier, there's other factors that matter much more.

Bumped a pretty old thread.

Which, was a fun read through again as a little glimpse into the nucleus circlejerk that 2019 was.

Maybe I’ll go read the Curtis vector thread now

If you want an affordable upgrade to the bergara, just grab a T3x...

We'll have to agree to disagree. I've shot and used both and while the Bergara is excellent, I just don't think I've seen any factory rifle is better than the Tikka in terms of function or accuracy. Bells and whistles? Sure, maybe some are better.

Been a while since I shot the Bergara - doesn't it have a 90-degree bolt throw? That would exclude it almost immediately personally. Huge improvement going to the Tikka's 70 degree throw
The bergara has a better recoil lug design in my opinion. It's easier to epoxy bed it to the stock. The tikka recoil lug design is purely for a cost cutting, which they obviously make up for in other aspects. There is a reason though that most custom actions are improved copies of the Rem 700. I do like the 70 degree bolt lift too, purely because of the scope clearance. I have a rem 700 and the 90 degree lift annoys me a bit. Supposedly a 90 degree lift will give you more camming power though if you're handloads are a bit spicy 🌶 Also the tikka magazine length is too short for the long action, because it's the same action for long and short (cost cutting) they had to meet in the middle and so is too short for the long heavy for calibre projectiles in the magnums, like 300 win mag etc. Apparently it's pretty perfect for the wsm and saum mid length calibres though. In saying all that, I still love my tikka, but it's a short action 223.