• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bergara Ridge SP in 308; Opinions

Davesnothere

Retired Army
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2020
Alabama
Looking at this for a fun and fairly light 308 precision rifle. Would mount my Athlon Midas on it. I has 308 ammo to burn.

18 inch bbl and about 7.2 lbs? Looks like a fun rifle.

Anybody running one? Opinions. Remember; this is a fun rifle but can be a useful tool, right?

I have one and like it very much. The fit and finish is better than my buddies older tikka. I run a yhm resonator and pst 2x10 for quiet hog hunting and plinking. Its more accurate than me. I am planning on putting mk6 3x18 once rings come in and seeing what I can do at greater distance. My only issue is
I want bergera bottom metal for it but is always sold out.

Reactions: el-rey
I have the standard Ridge in 7mm-08. Excellent rifle. Ended up throwing it in a KRG Bravo as the factory stock (while nice) didn't play well with the big 6-24x50 scope I threw on it.

My only issue is
I want bergera bottom metal for it but is always sold out.

FYI, the HMR detachable bottom metal will not fit the ridge stock without modification.
You would be best off getting a whole HMR stock/DBM for plug and play anyways.

I just picked one up this weekend In 308 but have not shot it yet.
plan is to chop another 2” off the barrel, thread for the Nomad Ti, and mount a newly acquired 2.5-10 NXS.
Goal is a lightweight , short, quiet critter gitter on a budget.

Edit to add that this was the filthiest NEW factory rifle I have ever bought. Maybe they test fired the fuck out of it. The bottom metal finish is pure garbage. rough as a cobb and looks like it was only partially coated.
If it shoots, then I will get over the finish. It wont be a safe queen anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: el-rey