• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara sucks ass, buyer beware.

surprised redneck is getting so much flack. imo, he is very legit, been on here super long time. bought some stuff from him years ago, good transactions. he even helped me, via some phone calls, years ago with my first build. very knowledgable.

i recently had a little problem with a criterion barrel and criterion treated me great! excellent customer service.

also had a problem, 4 ish years ago, with a GAP built 6.5 saum with a bartlein barrel. frank at bartlein was sooooooo awesome. he put a new barrel on and it shoots great!

surprised redneck is getting so much flack. imo, he is very legit, been on here super long time. bought some stuff from him years ago, good transactions. he even helped me, via some phone calls, years ago with my first build. very knowledgable.

i recently had a little problem with a criterion barrel and criterion treated me great! excellent customer service.

also had a problem, 4 ish years ago, with a GAP built 6.5 saum with a bartlein barrel. frank at bartlein was sooooooo awesome. he put a new barrel on and it shoots great!
I, too, was taken aback by the vitriol lobbed at him. I do understand his point. Even if he was to sell it, he needs it fixed right and any company should stand behind its product, regardless of cost.

I have never bedded rails but maybe it has worked for him on other rifles and situations. And I have had a cheap rifle perform well with many rounds, mostly because I moved it from the problematic polymer stock to a chassis. And that was before I put a break on it.

But I see other points, too. If the experience has been this bad, time to move on.

Possibly he liked that model because of the features. Reminds me of Jim at Backfire and his singular experience with the Mossberg Patriot .308 in walnut stock. Pretty gun, great trigger. But he was getting 4 and 5 inch groups at 100 yards and there was him, his show partner, and the photographer all taking turns. They got a replacement from Mossberg that shot better, a bit more than 1 MOA but far better than before. That being said, he never bought another Mossberg and spits on them, to this day.

I have seen plenty of other people shooting the Patriot and Patriot Predator just fine in the polymer stock. Same with Bergara.

But sometimes, you just get a dud.

I am not judging either side and I have seen both sides deliver heated invectives.

To paraphrase the late Rodney King, "Can't well just get a bong?"

Reactions: Mr.BR