• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara vs. vudoo?

Ugh, I had called them in December asking if they had plans to make a lefty, they said "no". I wind up ordering a RimX and a Vudoo. Then they announce the Lefty. I love the Bergara. ZERO issues in the few thousand rounds I've run through it, Accurate for NRL22 and NRLX (I don't do bench rest so no idea how it does) matches and helluva lot less expensive than a RimX build or Vudoo.

I'm tempted to buy a lefty Bergara and have a custom barrel turned by one of the local gunsmiths...

No matter which match I've shot at I always hear someone swearing at their RimX or Vudoo for some failure.... Sure I have no idea what issue they encountered, but I never hear anyone swear at their Bergara....
I have a lefty Rim X and the wife shoots a right B-14R. We have zero issues with either rifle. The Rim X with a Benchmark barrel shoots lights out but her carbon Bergara is not far behind with the right ammo.

The Vudoo IS chambered for Lapua. I knew that when I bough the gun. That was also a selling point for me. I knew that I could get some center X at $10/box (last year), and it would shoot. No messing around with ammo testing.....And that's what I got. A very accurate gun with Center X. I tried other brand of ammo with little success. I couldn't even close the bolt with Eley ammo ( well I could, but I had to push REALLY hard on the bolt).
With the Anschutz I can shoot Eley ammo.
I can't close the bolt on the CCI SV on the Vudoo nor the Anschutz. But they shoot pretty good out of the Kidd.

My most versatile gun? The CZ 452 that shoots and cycles pretty much everything accurately ....Not Vudoo/Anschutz accurate, but 0.5" at 50Y with most ammo and in the low 0.3s with ammo it likes (SK PMS) .

VuDoo is not chambered for Lapua. The VuDoo uses a match chamber that is based upon the same chamber in the old Winchester 52D which is one of Mike Bush's favorite rifles. When he designed the VuDoo that was the chamber dimensions used as a starting point which he adjusted to optimize for performance while using the match grade Lapua ammo. Potato Pahtahto. It is a match chamber but has to be loose enough to feed from the mag. Many VuDoo's shoot eley great. Some prefer Lapua. Each rifle will prefer some ammo over others but most VuDoo;s shoot many ammo choices well. As with all rimfire, no two are exactly alike and with VuDoo that is even more true since a variety of quality match bbls are included in their builds. There really are only three true sources of match ammo today: Lapua, Eley and RWS. Everything else is not as good. SK (made by Lapua) sometimes shoots great but always has a few off rounds in the box. Same with Wolf. Nothing from CCI or Federal or Winchester or Fioochi, Norma, etc can come close.

To the OP, if you plan to stay in the rimfire game and value accuracy and precision and quality, and have the means to do so, IMO the VuDoo is THE rifle to have. It is USA made, super high quality. Unmatched customer service. It is the modern day equivalent of the Winchester 52. Buy once, cry once and for a lifetime enjoy one of THE finest elite rimfire rifles on the market today.

One of my fellow shooters who has had both said this: "I had the Bergara B14R with the carbon bbl and then received my VuDoo. No comparison the VuDoo wins hands down. I sold the Bergara. Some shooters who have the B14R with the steel bbl have had better results than my one sample. I also have an Anschutz 54 repeater in HB. The annie will beat the VuDoo more often than not but remember it took 5 years of shooting and testing and tweaking for my annie to start to shoot as good as it is now. I am hoping the VuDoo also continues to improve as I get more experience with it."